Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound gone! I'm getting worried

Options
  • 03-06-2008 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

ehh, well earlier i was cleaning up the computer and i think i did sumthin to make my sound not work.

I have been looking around now for a while and i have gone to my devices and went through the different setion for sound and the one that has a problem is the IDT high definition and it had a yellow thing beside it. So i uninstalled it.... what shud i do next or am i way off the probem

Desperatley in need of help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭magooly

now go to Start->control panel->add new hardware->search for new hardware.
    Allow it to detect your soundacard and it should source the driver from the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

if it doesn't find the driver on the net and you have the installation cd's for your pc you'll find it on 1 of them.

if neither of those solutions work post the name and model of your pc here and someone can help you look for the driver online. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The PC manufacturers website will have a support section where you can get the drivers normally, if you aren't sure about it, post up the make and model of the machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ilovefrankee@ho

Hey again, just tried what magooly said but it just reinstalled the broken program (IDT high def thingy) so plz guide me what to do nxt

Ruu wrote: »
    The PC manufacturers website will have a support section where you can get the drivers normally, if you aren't sure about it, post up the make and model of the machine.

Ill just copy and paste from the computer info and see what u make of it

Microsoft windows Xp
    Professional
    Version 2002
    service pack 2

Intel(R)
    Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00ghz
    ".99ghz, 1.00Gb of Ram
    Physical Adress extension

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

That won't tell us the information needed unfortunately. What make is the PC? Is there a badge or anything on the front of the tower?

Thanks to everyone that's been replying. It was my little brother who started this thread (and it was him who was "cleaning" the computer when it happend i.e. deleting everything apart from iTunes & Internet Explorer).

I've been trying different things, like reinstalling the driver for the sound card, but it's still damaged (?- it has a yellow exclamation point next to it in Devices section).

Our PC is a Dell Dimension 5150 with their standard set of speakers. And as someone mentioned, it would be cool if someone could find somewhere for me to d/l drivers for it.

Thanks a lot to any replies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

This is probably the one SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio.
    When the page loads, expand the audio section and select the Sigmatel driver download button

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭muggyog

Or go to this page and download Driver Detective. This should select the correct driver for your PC.
    Do another uninstalled on the IDT driver first to be sure.

SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio is on the list here also.

Thanks a lot guys for those two links, I'm goin' to try them both now- I'll let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

i heard you need to download and install this patch first on the 5150's before the audio drivers will work:
    http://files.filefront.com/kb835221exe/;9494950;/fileinfo.html
    i have a 5150 myself, but haven't done this yet, as i had no need to, but i think i read it on here somewhere that you need this get your audio working again after a reinstall of the o.s.. You will still need to install the correct audio drivers afterwards, which on my pc are sigmatel

Advertisement