Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clocking a car

Options
  • 03-06-2008 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Long story short,i know a lad who basically bought a lemon a few months ago,
    Its a relatively newish car with a very high mileage.
    He's spent more than half on what he paid for the car just doing repairs in the last 2 months to keep the car roadworthy.
    Hes had enough of it and hes selling it.
    He has found someone to clock the car and is going to sell on this piece of crap to someone else,he's hoping to make some money back.

This lad used to be a good mate of mine so im in somewhat of a moral dilemma.
    Should i report him if he sells this car on after getting it clocked?
    What would you do this in situation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Your "friend" is about to ripped to shreds by the posters here.

Can't wait to see the abusive posts :D
    No, he should not do it and tbh you already know what kind of answers you will get here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I'm getting some pop corn...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

So,if he did do it.who should it be reported to?
    He's overdue a very big karma asskicking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

well if he gets found out, he is gonna be stuck with a clocked lemon and that could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'd say the response from this forum re your friend selling the heap with clocked mileage is going to be pretty unisono

Tarring and feathering isn't good enough for someone like that.

As to your question of what YOU should do about it, to rat out your friend or not ...maybe try the personal issues forum ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

HungryJoey wrote: »

very very good!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Tbh he should have kept it to himself, now he has you involved. My suggestion is to keep quiet about anything that happens from here, and ignore your friend for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

My suggestion is to keep quiet about anything that happens from here, and ignore your friend for a while.
    Would a month per 10,000 miles sound fair?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

personally id knock the life out of him.... keeping lemons off the road is every mans duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

It's not illegal to clock a car. However, it is illegal to sell a car if you know it's been clocked.

Report him to the cops after he sells it. But - be prepared to have them ask you to make a statement.

Wave adios to any friendship with your mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

jackncoke wrote: »
    This lad used to be a good mate of mine so im in somewhat of a moral dilemma.
    Should i report him if he sells this car on after getting it clocked?
    What would you do this in situation?

What kind of moral dilemma is that if he used to be a good mate.
    Report the fcuker, you say the car is a 'lemon', how would feel if the new owner gets into a serious accident in this 'lemon'.

keep your head down and say sweet fuk all, no one likes a rat, and you dont need the world of **** that comes with it (unless of course your one of the self-righteous , suburbanites who loves nothing more than a good crusade!)

Keep in mind this persons clocking deed so in future, you can easily spot the type of scum bag that fuks ordinary decent people (unwittingly).

Buying a car my self shortly, what car is he clocking?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Dabko wrote: »
    keep your head down and say sweet fuk all, ...

Buying a car my self shortly, what car is he clocking?

minor contradiction there, don't you think? :D

peasant wrote: »
    minor contradiction there, don't you think? :D

So as i can stay well clear of purchasing that dodgy motor is what i meant!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

HungryJoey wrote: »

Can you get some for me also.....

Advertisement