Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

petmania stores

Options
  • 03-06-2008 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

any sign of them venturing west ?? do they have a good selection of pets

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Petmania in Athlone. Never been so can not comment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 galwayair

i think your refering to petworld athlone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

galwayair wrote: »
    i think your refering to petworld athlone ?

Oh that place, they hired one guy for the reptile section and he told me the only reptile he's kept is a cornsnake, far too little experience IMO.
    Some of their bearded dragons looked dehydrated the last time I was in.

Good for reptile supplies IMO, not so good for the reptiles themselves! And they're far dearer than the reptile shops in Dublin. €150 for a baby bearded dragon?

Paws Pet Centre don't do reptiles, but they do have reptile supplies and at least they have a clue about the animals they do sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

I can't say anything about the other petmania shops but if anyone and has not been to the store in Santry then they should go, By far the most knowledgable staff In any petshop in Dublin (Only Reptile Havan beats it for reptile). Animal welfare is top notch unlike some other Dublin pet shops I won't care to mention. Go to the shop and ask someone anything about any animal in there you will see these people are like walking encyclopedias, They have experts on fish, mammals, reptiles, birds and they are just so damn nice. Since I started going there I never go near any other shop to get my supplies, most helpful staff IMO. Highly recommend a visit. Never been to any other petmanias though but although they are all the same company obviously their staff are gonna differ shop to shop. I used to go to Petstop and Whackers but found the staff to be very arrogant and unfriendly. I like Kinsealy petshop but I never go their anymore since I can get everything I need from Santry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

galwayair wrote: »
    any sign of them venturing west ?? do they have a good selection of pets

Don't know much about them, what in specific are you looking for?? There is a petshop in Longford that I find excellent depending on what you are looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 galwayair

just a good shop in galway worth supporting that puts animals first

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Petmania store on the Ennis Road in Limerick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Yep, there is one in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Jimkel wrote: »
    I can't say anything about the other petmania shops but if anyone and has not been to the store in Santry then they should go, By far the most knowledgable staff In any petshop in Dublin (Only Reptile Havan beats it for reptile). Animal welfare is top notch unlike some other Dublin pet shops I won't care to mention. Go to the shop and ask someone anything about any animal in there you will see these people are like walking encyclopedias, They have experts on fish, mammals, reptiles, birds and they are just so damn nice.

I don't know what staff you talked to there but when I went in they had a hatchling corn and a hatchling milk snake in the same cricket box. When I said this to a member of staff they just said " they're grand together, look at them curled up together." Obviously because I'm only 15 they didn't take me seriously. Never going back there again.

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

animan wrote: »
    I don't know what staff you talked to there but when I went in they had a hatchling corn and a hatchling milk snake in the same cricket box. When I said this to a member of staff they just said " they're grand together, look at them curled up together." Obviously because I'm only 15 they didn't take me seriously. Never going back there again.

Gav

Yes, they're grand together and doubtless they'll still be grand when the staff come in and find the cornsnake gone and the milksnake with a suspicious bulge in its belly.

Yes, milksnakes have been known to eat other snakes, they're not as bad as kingsnakes (my cali king became surgically attached to my finger because I had previously handled a baby cornsnake and it smelled it off me. I've seen the same thing in the Reptile Haven. Ben was showing a potential customer baby cali kings of various colours, the first one handled no problem with every baby cali after the first bit his finger because his finger smelled of the previous babies)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thread closed. This thread has gone off topic now. The OP only asked if there was a store coming to Galway and now the thread has moved to slagging off petmania.

As per charter rules threads that criticise shops are not allowed. The end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement