Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rapidshare have upgraded their service.

Options
  • 03-06-2008 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

rapidshare have double'd their download limit.

you can now download 50gb every 5 days instead of 25gb.

speeds are also a lot faster.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,711 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

yea its a shame your ISP isnt following suit eh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

50GB, that'll help. :D

Ah whats the point. anyway Im stateside this summer and all my torrents are getting insane downspeeds anyway: around 500kbps steady. Who needs rapidshare?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Nice find m8, not too sure about the new design but I'll get used to it :) Rapidshare is deffo the best host now :D, wonder if I'll ever dl 50gig in 5 days :D

Nick

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

you can now download 50gb every 5 days instead of 25gb.

Sweet, this is great news. Love rapidshare. Have prices increased at all?
    speeds are also a lot faster.

What sort of connection do you have that you'd notice that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Sweet!!Its about time that rapidshare increased their download limit.I haven't noticed an increase in dl speed though.I expect premium accounts to cost more within the next few days(if they already haven't).Luckily I have a 6 month one:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

fatal wrote: »
    I haven't noticed an increase in dl speed though.

You'd need a very fast connection to not be maxxed out by a rapidshare download.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yoyo wrote: »
    Nice find m8, not too sure about the new design but I'll get used to it Rapidshare is deffo the best host now , wonder if I'll ever dl 50gig in 5 days

Nick
    you mean you actually see the website.

i haven't had to log into my account since i got one.

flashgot + flashgot ff extenstion = never have to log in.

i really want to go back to college asap :D

Cremo wrote: »

Link checker is one reason. Also to see if you're over the download limit. You're not downloading enough if you haven't had to check how close you are to the limit at least once. :D

flashgot + flashgot ff extenstion = never have to log in.

i really want to go back to college asap :D
    I use those aswell Cremo although checking your premium zone is useful to see how much traffic youve pumped and when account needs renew, also my rapidshare link checking greasemonkey script needs updating with this upgrade :( So gotta use rapids link checker lol

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just had a quick look at the source for the rapid link checker (didn't know there was such a thing :p) you could probably rip the whole form out as they used fully-qualified path names for the form :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Sweet, this is great news. Love rapidshare. Have prices increased at all?

What sort of connection do you have that you'd notice that?

prices havnt increased. they are now offering rapidfiles storage that you can use personally with free user's.

all premium accounts get 10gb free. and you can purchase additional storage space. prices are high for that however.

it helps a lot as free user's can now download files that are in this special storage area without having restrictions.

im on ntl 12mb and ive noticed when i use firefox to download im getting max download speeds of about 5-6 mb/s where i use to only get 3-4mb/s.

just a note, would boards.ie open a sub forum for rapidshare files?

not the illegal ones but freeware etc.

just had a quick look at the source for the rapid link checker (didn't know there was such a thing :p) you could probably rip the whole form out as they used fully-qualified path names for the form :)
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/9467

A greasemonkey script that does inline link check, also has been updated for the new rapidshare design ;)

Nick

prices havnt increased. they are now offering rapidfiles storage that you can use personally with free user's.

all premium accounts get 10gb free. and you can purchase additional storage space. prices are high for that however.

it helps a lot as free user's can now download files that are in this special storage area without having restrictions.

im on ntl 12mb and ive noticed when i use firefox to download im getting max download speeds of about 5-6 mb/s where i use to only get 3-4mb/s.

Why don't you download a few files at once? Noticed the Rapidfiles storage too. Nice idea.

i do. firefox allows 24 downloads at once. rapidshare manager only allows 5. and idm allows 10 i think.

i get the best speed using firefox.

just a note, would boards.ie open a sub forum for rapidshare files?

not the illegal ones but freeware etc.
    too easy to abuse too hard to moderate. youd have to make a strong case for it.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Zoom zoom zoom!

Nice, far too many times ive been hitting my cap on rapidshare! Only last night I downloaded 10gigs. My NTL cap could do with being increased though, 60Gb cap for 30days.... I dont think I can do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Great, now to see if i can stop BT throtteling me every few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Great news indeed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement