Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Q

Options
  • 03-06-2008 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Is it very risky to just learn rich for the poetry, lit genre for the comparitive and iago for the othello question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Of course it's risky......but thats at least a good educated guess as to whats likely to come up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

They're all risky to an extent but...
    kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Is it very risky to just learn rich for the poetry

Not really.
    lit genre for the comparitive

No.
    and iago for the othello question.

Not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Is it very risky to just learn rich for the poetry, lit genre for the comparitive and iago for the othello question.
    There's always a risk involved.

You're taking educated risks, but risks none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Funny how I'm doing the same as you. :ㅒ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Me too. I think everyone is :D

Imagine tho if something miserable came up. I'd actually cry. Or omg write a letter to Adrienne Rich. What would you do? Dear Adrienne Rich blah blah. You'd hardly tell her about her theme/issues and stuff would you :confused: like I'm pretty sure she knows :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

^ You'd tell her i really liked your theme of feminism.... and this aspect of your style really appealled to me.... etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Ahhhhh I see.

I shall admire her work I think.

Most amazing question ever: Write a speech to your classmates about the poetry of Adrienne Rich. I am praying for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

''..what I found exceptional about your poetry was the fact that it addresses feminist topics that I, as a male reader, could appreciate and study without becoming alienated''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Hey Girl, wassup!
    :)! So, like, I totally agree with you on your feminism and stuff. I was like to my friend, yeah, it speaks to me, men are pigs! And I was going around thinking of your poetry. The line "she had thought the studio would keep itself / no dust upon the furniture of love" really affects me. I hate cleaning too! OMG. We are like soulmates. Except I have never been with a woman. Except for that one time...
    xoxo,
    Cindy
    P.S. Women rule!

21.jpg

yes, I'm bored.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Don't know about just learning Iago, as you could be asked about the relationship between two characters or something

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

^ Agreed. Best learn a bit about Iago's influence on other characters esp. Othello.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

lovechem wrote: »

Most amazing question ever: Write a speech to your classmates about the poetry of Adrienne Rich. I am praying for it!

i would cry with happiness if that question came up

im ONLY studyin rich-ive a general essay off by heart to the point where i can recite it in words!

iago for othello question

and theme/issue or lit gen for comparative!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

is it reealy risky to JUST study Mahon and Boland???

Dream paper.....letter to Mahon....Literary Genre...Iagos villainy!!! id crack open a can there and then at 9:31 thursday morning!!! haha :cool:

Advertisement