Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diospoireactaí...

Options
  • 03-06-2008 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey, I know the diospoireacht is just like an essay except you're talking to a crowd and judicators.

Can someone give me useful sentences "Dear listeners, judges I am here today to discuss..." etc etc. and the translations?

Cheers!;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

A chathaoirleach, a mholtóirí, a lucht an fhreasura agus a chairde Ghael, is mise _____, agus táim anseo chun rún a phlé: -insert motion-. Caithfidh mé a rá go bhfuilim go huile is go hiomlán ar son/i gcoinne an rún seo.

Chairperson, adjudicators, opposition and gaelgeoiri, I'm ____ and I'm here to discuss the motion: - -. I must say that I'm totally and utterly in favour of/against this motion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Octavarium

Great! Thanks!

Anyone more? Useful tips? Essay enders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

No problemo! Good luck!!

Advertisement