Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jag XK

Options
  • 03-06-2008 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

I had my first experience with the New shape Jag XK this weekend, has anyone else heard the glorious noise the V8 makes?

I was expecting to be reasonably impressed anyway having heard the old out going XK8 and it's fairly impressive rumble, but the newer one is more Ferrari or Aston than jaguar!

What a nice place to sit too, very intuitive touch screen sat nav, superb sound system, keyless entry, and that noise.

I now have a new car on the top of my wish list!:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭whippet

I drove one last year at the Palmer Sport track day in Bedford http://www.palmersport.com/

keyless entry and satnav were not the order of the day !!!

the track tuned version had an awsome sound alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

It is absolutely the most gorgeous high-end saloon i've ever seen. I was a huge fan of the new 5 Series but ever since I saw the XK on Top Gear i've been converted.Was walking around Miltown a few weeks ago and it roared past unbelievable!

I'm trying to convince my dad to bring me up to Sandyford Dealer for a "Test Drive!" He's thinking of changing his jeep anyway..

*nudge*nudge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Morf3h wrote: »
    It is absolutely the most gorgeous high-end saloon i've ever seen. I was a huge fan of the new 5 Series but ever since I saw the XK on Top Gear i've been converted.Was walking around Miltown a few weeks ago and it roared past unbelievable!

I'm trying to convince my dad to bring me up to Sandyford Dealer for a "Test Drive!" He's thinking of changing his jeep anyway..

*nudge*nudge!

Are you sure you are not confusing the XK with the XF ?

This is an XK - as you can see it's not a saloon, however it is gorgeous.

800px-Jaguar_XK_front_IAA_2005.jpg

This on the other hand, is an XF. It is also gorgeous.

2009-jaguar-xf-front-rightjpg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

It's the XK (coupe) that I'm talking about, although I'm sure the 4.2 petrol engine sounds as amazing in the XF.

I Haven't been that impressed by an exhaust note in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,900 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yep im a fan too, except for that ridiculous aerial!

engine sounds so sweet tho

be a nice change from the m ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

Oh sorry i thought i saw XF in the title! But yeah they are both equally as gorgeous.

It's definitely on my lottery list!

Advertisement