Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat help needed!

Options
  • 03-06-2008 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

We (well my mom) has 2 female neutured cats. She lives in the country so they're indoor/outdoor cats. In winter they spend more time inside, in summer more time outside.

About 3/4 months ago a stray male cat started hanging around. However, he keeps attacking one of our female cats to the point she's afraid to come to the house, she's hiding out in old outhouses nearby. The weird thing is he gets on fine with the other one, they take no notice of each other!

Jen (the cat he keeps attacking) now has a bald patch on her back near her tail. On Sunday it was "just" a bald patch (bout the size of a 50c/1€ coin), however when I saw her yesterday it's an open sore. Mom said that she spent most of Sunday licking it and it seemed to be after that it developed cause she spent Sunday night inside. The same thing happened her about 4 weeks ago in the same spot, a big open sore. Not sure if it's stress or what.

She's losing an awful lot of hair too. I was rubbing her and huge amounts were just coming off of her.

The REALLY annoying thing about the stray cat is he's actually a lovely affectionate cat! I can rub him and he'll roll over on his back so i can rub his tummy! We're trying to get him rehomed but even though I can rub him he is still semiwild so it's going to be hard.

Basically any suggestions/advice on what to do till we can rehome him?

(Sorry it turned into a novel, it's just really bugging me!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Intothesea

Hello there. I would try keeping my
    moggie inside for a few days (after
    a trip to the vet to assess the stress
    your cat is probably suffering), also
    I'd trap the stray mog and treat him
    to a free neutering and vaccinations.
    (This might reduce the territorial
    behaviour considerably).

Your cat losing hair is a sign she's in
    need of some drug therapy, possibly.