Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quark XPress Files - Mac User

Options
  • 03-06-2008 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Can someone help me please, Just have my Mac hard drive back from CDR & I am unable to open the Quark File on it, they all look like black boxes with small green print at the top left hand corner of each box,
    Does anyone know how to open these, Quark doesnt like them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭muggyog

' I just got my car back from the garage and its not working, anyone know whats wrong?'

You will probably need to give more information, like version of Quark, will any Quark file open, if you create a new will it open ok?

Possible move to the Mac forum since it is Mac specific issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

Your MAC Quark files probably don't have a file extension, copy the files to your pc's hard disk and rename them with the extension QXD (e.g. example.qxd). You may also have some font problems going from mac to pc. You may have to select a replacement font when you open the document which may cause text to reflow. You will also need to copy images from the CD as these are'nt embedded in the Quark document. The Quark document just contains a low res version of the images for placement and sizing.

Advertisement