Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put extra harddrive in to laptop

Options
  • 03-06-2008 12:49pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering is it possible to put an extra harddrive into a dell xps m1710?so then I'd have two harddrives, my current harddrive is running dangerously low on memory :-/.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Does your m1710 have a dual hard drive bay?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I dunno,anyway of checking that without opening it?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You shouldn't have to open anything, but i'm not familiar with that laptop, i know of large sonys having 2 hard drive bays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

The M1710 doesnt have two hard drive bays afaik.

You could just buy a large external drive. They're not very expensive these days.

Or, you can replace the hard-drive thats in it with a bigger one (320Gb 2.5" satas are commonly available, bigger ones shortly). After you remove the old one, you can still continue to use it, via a USB external enclosure.

Advertisement