Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Othello Mock Question

Options
  • 03-06-2008 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Okay so my teacher told us to study the two major characters of Othello and Iago...I'm throwing Desdemona into the mix just in case. We're also supposed to do a theme and a scene essay. However i was wondering if it was worth the bother. Being the first appearance of Othello on the new course my teacher thinks they keep the questions simple and ask about a character. Does everyone think this?
    In my mock paper they just asked about Iago's villainy so it was a piece of cake. I was wondering what they asked in other people's mocks, if they just asked about Othello or Iago, or was there anything at all weird?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

I'd say I had the same mock as you as we had the Iago's villainy question, im expecting something of the same for the LC
    all i'm studying is character questions on Iago and Othello. Theres definitely going to be a question on one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

both mocks had the general "Iago is fascinating" qu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Erica-smiley

Yeah we had a question on Iago's revenge......
    I

s it a bit risky placin too much hope on a question on Iago coming up?????
    Because thats all I've done!!!!!! :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

^ It's all I'm doing too, although I might touch on jealousy and revenge...

...eventually I reckon you just start repeating yourself though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

I'm also learning:

"A combination of Iago's skill, Othello's flaws and luck leads to the downfall..."

Asked on both characters. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Langerhands

I'm also learning:

"A combination of Iago's skill, Othello's flaws and luck leads to the downfall..."

Asked on both characters. :(

Yeah that's what i'm doing too. Iago has a big part in any Othello question. My teacher says she think its most likely they'll ask something about Othello as a tragic hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

I'm preparing:
    "Although we are repulsed by Iago, we are fascinated by his evil ingenuity"
    "Othello is the principal architect of his own downfall"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

muffinman wrote: »
    I'm preparing:
    "Although we are repulsed by Iago, we are fascinated by his evil ingenuity"
    "Othello is the principal architect of his own downfall"
    Exactly what im learning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lorlo

i had mine on how we percieve othello to be the master and iago the servant but how iago is really the master of perception and othello the duped servant basically the whole theme appearance-vs-reality

again tho once you knew othello and iago it wasn't that bad at all!

has be iago on thurs tho! even if he's not asked directly he will be involved in almost even single question asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The thing about Othello is...

How can Iago not come up? The whole bloody play revolves around everything he does. He is the ONLY thing you can write 4+ pages on aside from re-writing the whole play.

I am only studying Iago. I discussed this with my teacher and i said, if i know Iago well i can do an essay on 1) Iago, 2) Jealousy theme, 3)Othello - As you need to talk about Iago if your talking about Iago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 x-katz-x

Im concentrating on Iago aswell but im going to write up a few notes on how he and Desdemona are polar opposites, i heard that might come up somewhere but other than that i'll read over important quotes nd some extra stuff on jealousy!

Advertisement