Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'Learn To Drive' video with Ray D'Arcy

Options
  • 03-06-2008 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭

I had this video in my attic from when I done my test a few years ago, and I decided to upload it to YouTube last night mainly because I was bored! Anyway, I found it somewhat helpful, although you must remember that it was filmed in 1992 so some aspects of it are now out-of-date. It covers all the key areas, such as hill starts, reversing around corners, 3-point turns, etc. Altogether it's about 40 minutes long, so I had to break it up into four parts:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

By the way, what's the story with the tester being allowed not to wear a seatbelt? Is it so he can make a quick escape out of the car should everything go wrong!? :D

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Max_Damage wrote: »

By the way, what's the story with the tester being allowed not to wear a seatbelt? Is it so he can make a quick escape out of the car should everything go wrong!? :D

The examiner doesn't legally have to wear a seatbelt, it's just saw he/she can gain some control of the vehicle during the test if needs be, since chances are the test wont be carried out in a dual control car. I guess Bailing out is an option too:pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Nice videos!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

Max_Damage you are a ledge!!!

Really enjoyed that and picked up a few tips about observation for the test!!!

I nominate this thread to be stickied!

......I wonder how many times did it take Rayo to do the hill start, what do ye reckon, did he get it on first go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Thanks Muzzy.

You're probably right about this being a sticky, although it should be pointed out some of the out-dated aspects of it, such as the imperial braking distances and so on.

Advertisement