Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is it, lads ...

Options
  • 03-06-2008 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I'm sleep-deprived to the point of being insomniac, I'm very unprepared in subjects I'd like to do well in and the butterflies in my stomach are pretty much flapping the National Anthem.

But you know what? If you offered me an extra week to study, I probably wouldn't take it. It's the waiting that's the worst - combined, of course, with all the hype the media create about the LC. I seriously doubt that many other countries give the state exams the level of coverage we do - day-by-day dissections in the papers, and the radio and TV news making a huge deal on the first day and the day of the results.

So it'll almost be a relief just to get started - if nothing else, it at least means the end is finally in sight.

Good luck everyone :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yeah true, I just can't wait to get into it. (And get English paper 2 out of the way...)

It hasn't really registered with me yet that it's tomorrow though. I don't tend to get nervous before exams, but I'd say the atmosphere in school tomorrow morning will be tense to say the least.

Good luck everyone anyway, just think of how great it'll be whenever you finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya woke up this morning in a bit of a panic, for the 1st time I might add...

like the OP, if given a extra week I wouldnt take it either as I really want it out of the way.

One problem though is im not sleep deprived at all, ive been getting up too late and I don't know how im gonna be able to get up at 8 tomorrow, might have a strong coffee or a red bull or something, anyone agree?

good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

Yeah once english is over its will be ok.
    I am not too prepared for paper 2 so i will be glad to see the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

But you know what? If you offered me an extra week to study, I probably wouldn't take it. It's the waiting that's the worst

I can relate completely to what you're saying!!!

Granted I'm only doing Irish, but passing it means FAR more to me than originally doing the LC ever did!

I feel SO unprepared, because nothing's sticking, but tbh, I wish the exams were this Thur & Fri, as I cannot stomach another weekend locked away in my room! :mad:

Although completely not ready for this, bring it on!!!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

1huge1 wrote: »
    One problem though is im not sleep deprived at all, ive been getting up too late and I don't know how im gonna be able to get up at 8 tomorrow, might have a strong coffee or a red bull or something, anyone agree?
    Yeah I've been getting up around noon... except this morning I got woken at 8.45 by roadworks outside my window. Grr. And I could have sworn they already ripped up that part of the road...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Yeah just can't wait to get the LC out of the way. I'd probably take that extra week though. English paper 2 and irish has me the most worried. Ah well, roll on June 12th.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I agree, just can't wait to get these damn exams done because I am just sick of them at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I dunno if its just me, but all this jazz about sleep deprevation, not eating and generally freaking out has missed me.

Ive been as relaxed as ever, ive already started my summer exept instead of going out im studying.

If more people just generally chilled out like i am, i dont think there would be much hype about this at all.

I know my easy going attitude will be out the window after i embarrase myself in HE though lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

If ye really suffer from nerves,ye should try Rescue Remedy,it really works.It helped me out a lot in my oral Irish and German

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Best o luck lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Best of luck, just wait until the first day is over then you'll be wondering what the huge hype was all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I agree completely, the amount of media exposure it get's is absolutely ridiculous.

Best of luck to everyone, I'm sure it'll be grand for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I'm nervous to be honest, but like most people on here I just wanna get this crap over with. This time tomorrow we'll have ten minutes left on Eng Paper 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

This is the end, my only friend, the end............

So sick of studying and stuff I just cant wait to be finished now. Bring it on! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Nato!

don't know about all the rest of you but i find it exciting (even though i am completely unprepared)

Everyone dont worry its not the end of the world its only one week of your life!!

Good luck to everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

eoin2nc wrote: »
    This is the end, my only friend, the end............

So sick of studying and stuff I just cant wait to be finished now. Bring it on! :D
    Wow im not the only one who has been listening to the doors.
    the end of laughter and sweet lies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Nato!

ooh id also like to take a minute to thank my sponsors

Kenco-
    Philip morris-

haaaha

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

Paper 2 will be the pinnacle for me. Not that I find the paper daunting, it's just going to be a long 3+ hours of writing :) Then the week will fly! ^^

Best of luck to all!

Good luck everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I just wanna make it to the weekend. I've half my papers between tomorrow and Friday. Everything'll be easy after the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

ive been nearly too relaxed!but im gettin a bit jittery now...being in a boarding school means that when one person gets the nerves..everyone does so ive put off returning until late tonight...

if i could have done the exams last week i would have...

6 years hard work...finally accumalates tommorrow, bring it!
    good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm surprised that people let the hype get to them. A remember my Junior Cert a year ago and how in my school it was ridiculously hyped to the point that the exams were really underwhelming. Even though the Leaving Cert is given a lot more attention it still only seems natural for it to not be as bad as they make it out.

Also, good luck with your exams. Hard to believe I'll be in the same situation only a year from now. I am not looking forward to school year '08/'09.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

titan18 wrote: »
    If ye really suffer from nerves,ye should try Rescue Remedy,it really works.It helped me out a lot in my oral Irish and German

and where can i get my hands on some rescue remedy? pharmacy, tesco?

EDIT: ok i just googled it: "Rescue® Remedy has become every woman's emotional ally for its calming and centering energy"
    thats gonna be embarrassing to ask for...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Just say "No". :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Best of luck everyone. Have a feeling it could be anti climatic

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mr. Blah

Best of luck to all! I just want this damned thing to end and then I can just never think about it again (until August that is :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

I didn't get to sleep until 4am last night. So many bad thoughts going through my head. So I decided to study some art history, the last thing I remembered was reading "Impressionism was a ..." and I conked.

I woke up at 7am when my alarm went off and for those few seconds, it was literally "ignorance is bliss" but then my thoughts came flooding back in and I remembered.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mr. Blah

I woke up at 7am when my alarm went off and for those few seconds, it was literally "ignorance is bliss" but then my thoughts came flooding back in and I remembered.

I love those first few seconds in the morning when you forget everything... and then it all comes crashing down around you :D
    Can't wait for that to happen tomorrow. Should be fun :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Mr. Blah wrote: »
    I love those first few seconds in the morning when you forget everything... and then it all comes crashing down around you :D
    Can't wait for that to happen tomorrow. Should be fun :eek:

I love Paper 1 English. It allows you to be creative. However I'm wondering If I should completely wig it or go in with an idea of an essay prepared.

Advertisement