Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading to sky plus

Options
  • 03-06-2008 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Hi

I just have regular sky at the moment and was thinking of upgrading to sky plus. However i have got different quotes from different installers ranging from 179 to 209.

Is there a flat fee for this, just the installation as i dont need anything else done and if so what should it be?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

glineli wrote: »
    Hi

I just have regular sky at the moment and was thinking of upgrading to sky plus. However i have got different quotes from different installers ranging from 179 to 209.

Is there a flat fee for this, just the installation as i dont need anything else done and if so what should it be?

Thanks

149 for the box is the set fee and 45 for installation. That's directly from SKY themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    149 for the box is the set fee and 45 for installation. That's directly from SKY themselves.

Special offer at the moment, the box is only 99, I ordered it at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

excellent, thanks. i might do that then, 150 quid aint too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

the daily mail or the oirish daily mail is doing an offer... free sky plus for new customers until june 30th.. limited supply ring 0818 719863

Special offer at the moment, the box is only 99, I ordered it at the weekend

just rang them there, he said the 99 offer is for first time connections of if i decide to have multiroom, otherwise 194! Its also a 40 hour box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭randombar

Lads any ideas on the price for upgrading, 99 is great but what happens if you all ready have regular?

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Lads any ideas on the price for upgrading, 99 is great but what happens if you all ready have regular?

I just have regular and was just quoted 149 and 45 for installation for a 40 hour box.

If i was a new connection or going to multiroom, then it would be 99 and 45

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭mburke

Doesn't mention that in the Terms & Conditions from their website:

Sky+: Sky+ box costs €99 for Sky digital subscribers. Only compatible with digital satellite. Sky digital subscription required for Sky digital programming. Sky+ subscription is free for all new Sky digital subscribers. Sky+ can store an average of 40 hours of programmes at a time. Sky+ subscription required to use the Personal Video Recording features of Sky+/Sky HD boxes. Standard installation is €45 for Sky digital subscribers. Sky+ box price is €99, Producer Recycling Fund €1. Total price €99.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

i just got off the phone with them, ordered the top package €68 a month with free sky+ box €45 installation. half price package for the first 2 months and you can change the package after that so i can reduce it down to the standard package.

mburke wrote: »
    Doesn't mention that in the Terms & Conditions from their website:

Sky+: Sky+ box costs €99 for Sky digital subscribers. Only compatible with digital satellite. Sky digital subscription required for Sky digital programming. Sky+ subscription is free for all new Sky digital subscribers. Sky+ can store an average of 40 hours of programmes at a time. Sky+ subscription required to use the Personal Video Recording features of Sky+/Sky HD boxes. Standard installation is €45 for Sky digital subscribers. Sky+ box price is €99, Producer Recycling Fund €1. Total price €99.

I just rang them back there again and said this, however she said still 149.

Although she did say i could get multiroom, pay one month of multiroom and then cancel it. i will save myself 35 euro!!

• Advertisement

I just rang them back there again and said this, however she said still 149.

Although she did say i could get multiroom, pay one month of multiroom and then cancel it. i will save myself 35 euro!!

well the way i am doing it, it should cost me €45 installation €34 per month for package. So all in for €113 and i get the full package for 2 months. Will change back to the standrd package then after the two month period.

Tony255 wrote: »
    well the way i am doing it, it should cost me €45 installation €34 per month for package. So all in for €113 and i get the full package for 2 months. Will change back to the standrd package then after the two month period.

Tony, are you a new customer? I have been with them 2 years, she said as an existing customer i already got a free box so tough luck!!

Tony, are you a new customer? I have been with them 2 years, she said as an existing customer i already got a free box so tough luck!!

I am a new customer but i heard you can cancel and register again under a new name (wife/husband) and it is treated like a new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 eamonnm

just for info: I went to cancel sky last week (only have two mixes) explained didnt think it was value due to M4 E4 and C4 all going FTA and then sky increased prices from sept. The gentleman on the cancellation line listend attentively and then offered me various enducements to stay. Eventually offering me Sky+ inc installation for 49Euro said i would think about it.

Phoned again yesterday said had considered offer and decided against offer at that stage he said i could have it for free so bit his hand off!!!! LOL

I'm not promising this will work for everyone but if u want sky+ give it a go!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭emaherx

eamonnm wrote: »
    just for info: I went to cancel sky last week (only have two mixes) explained didnt think it was value due to M4 E4 and C4 all going FTA and then sky increased prices from sept. The gentleman on the cancellation line listend attentively and then offered me various enducements to stay. Eventually offering me Sky+ inc installation for 49Euro said i would think about it.

Phoned again yesterday said had considered offer and decided against offer at that stage he said i could have it for free so bit his hand off!!!! LOL

I'm not promising this will work for everyone but if u want sky+ give it a go!!!!

I just Cancelled Sky and was offered a free Sky Plus box and 3 months half price to Stay.

Cancelled any way.
    Bad enough watching Night after night of repeats without recording them aswell:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I got Sky+ installed for €150 and they even installed the old Sky box in another room.

Advertisement