Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buggy buggy game

Options
  • 03-06-2008 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

If I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have blown €50 on this game, it's been nothing but trouble (game won't launch, screen blanks out, NPC's disappear...the list goes on).

As of today I can't even run the game, it says the updater has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Be warned this game is still in beta quality.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

It sounds like there are serious issues with your install? I've certainly never experienced any issues like that.

Have you tried doing a full scan on the installer? Though I think there was an issue with that too, so you might try reinstalling the game from scratch. I know of at least 1 other person who had a similar issue like you've described and I'm not sure if he got it working or not, I think he just decided it wasnt working and stopped trying...

Have you perhaps done the same? There are thousands of players currently playing the game fine and certainly not experiencing as many issues as you are ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I know there are problems with the game, I have seen nearly every bug mentioned in the patch notes so far but as said above your issues are something else. The game isn't that bad. Try a re-install, then look to updating your system drivers, gfx/chipset etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

seen that odd hic-ups but nothing massive.

Just silly stuff like an NPC floating in the air in a constant falling state and not being able to kill him.

And what must be server lag, where people disappear out of view when they only walk a few meters a head of you (group members etc)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I havent really noticed that many tbh. Tonight was the first night i really got to play it (and ****ing enjoyed it) and it seemed smooth enough. A few minor issues, but nothing that wont be ironed out soon enough.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

+1. I haven't encountered any major bugs, just the usual small ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Its an mmo in the first month of release, of course it buggy.

Wow is still buggy as hell and thats been out 4 years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive only noticed a few small bugs but certainly no game breakers in anway.
    Its to be expected,its an MMO.

Advertisement