Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Time To Study?

Options
  • 02-06-2008 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

When is the best time to study?

Some say early in the morning works best for them when they are fresh or awake....others say they do better at night when everything is quite?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Well like you said it differs from person to person - whatever works for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Papercut

I've always been a night person...but mainly because i sleep in when i try morning study :D

What kind of things help other people study better??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I usually do it around 1ish 2ish .. because then I had some time to relax and get something to eat before I start and am finished with enough time to go out for a hour to relax!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,706 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Morning for me. It primes me in that train of thought for the whole day. I find doing it at night my concentration slips too much because I get distracted by fatigue or whatever happened that day. Better bright and early before anything else is allowed to enter your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well so far for the LC the afternoon has worked best for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I don't think it matters as long as you do it. You'll hear about all this shít that studying in the morning inproves your productivity blah blah.

End of the day, if you study, you'll learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

I'd say around 1 2ish as well. I've found though studying outside has worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Couple weeks ago might have been a good idea. >.>

Morning for me. Where morning is about noon. But as soon as I get up, really. If I go off and do something else, I'm gone for the day. Or at least a good chunk of it.
    For example now, I'm going to give myself a "break". I know this is going to last at least two hours and I'll regret it, but how much study can you do for English paper 1?

I can't study when it gets late anyway. I'm too tired, I make stupid mistakes, little goes in. The cut off point is about 10/11, depending on circumstances of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

ya i hate that - *to self* - 'ok sam well done, nice bitta study there...you deserve a break...go play the playstation for 15 mins'

this 15 mins becomes an hour...and i feel soooo bad after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,706 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thats why I start in the morning though, get a good 4 hours in with the odd break, maybe an extra 2 hours if im on a roll. Come 6 o'clock its me time, and I can unwind and do what I want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

quirkster wrote: »
    ya i hate that - *to self* - 'ok sam well done, nice bitta study there...you deserve a break...go play the playstation for 15 mins'

this 15 mins becomes an hour...and i feel soooo bad after it!
    I can totally relate, except playstation is replaced by boards.ie recently... and a nice bit of tv, then when I go back upstairs to study it takes me ages to get back into the study mood and I convince myself I already know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 x-katz-x

I definitely agree with that, once u start doin somethin else then u'll remember another thing u wanted to do nd so on then i feel awful after! I generally try to start around 1 or 2 so i'll hav time to relax later..

Advertisement