Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trig Vs probobility

Options
  • 02-06-2008 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

im studing both but im not sure which one to focus on....anyone any advice??
    which question is easier? do people usually do better on trig or prob??;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

prob is quick.
    I say do Prob and since you will have spare time do at least one trig question too.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Probability....................I haven't studied or plan on studying trigonometry. I hate it.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mike-gunners

i'd say Do Q6 of Probability and Do the 2 Trig Qs.Q6 Probability is easy, especially the difference equations(difference equations is almost the same every year).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 whateva eva eva

If you're hoping for an A I'd go with trig, its much more reliable. Some of the probability parts of Q6 and Q7 can be a bit tricky and if you make a simple mistake you can be penalised very heavily. Personally I'm concentrating on trig and fitting in an extra prob question at the very end just in case. Thats just my oppinion though. If you find the timing in the exam skimpy or if u jst hate trig probability could be a better option for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I'm going to go with one of trig and one of probability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Our teacher never did trig (ordinary level) so I have to do prob, I don't mind though I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I love prob its so easy for ordinary anyway...havent even looked at trig..although the other guy was right u can get a tricky part and cause some of the Question require just a answer u cant really get attempt marks..so its bad in that regard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The probability questions can be lovely - Statistics is only learning off a few formulae and Difference Equations are almost the same every year.
    Q. 6 and Q. 7 were my favourite 2 questions on the entire paper so I'd definitely recommend them! :D
    I did one trig question last year, they're mostly OK if you've done your work. The 3D problems can be very tricky though (especially if, like me, you have very little spatial awareness! :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lorlo

def def go for Q6... the difference equations are so handy and the part (a)s are always straightforward. nCr usually appears as the c part which can be so grand when you get the right total!

i think im trying both trig&prob, but one of the trigs could be a really tough one... like the pyramid question!!

Advertisement