Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nerves...............

Options
  • 02-06-2008 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

I didn't think I would be nervous but I'm qute anxious becaue sine the weaher was so nice I've just been out al day long doing hardly any study.

I've done about 6 hours all weekend.

I did do a lot of work all year though and it's not that I'm looking for 500+ points.I only need around 350

In the pres I got 320 not including Irish bonuses andthat's not counting Accounting as I failed and subsequently dropped to ordinary.

I really want to get enough but since it's got hot I just can't study.
    I'm well covered for this week though but nextweek is the problem; French and Business.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

You'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

You'll be fine.

I hope so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

You'll be fine.

+1

Pre's are always harder / less fairly marked. And the weekend is long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Alan Smith wrote: »
    I hope so :p

He's not lying , you say you've put the work in all year so it shouldn't be too much of a problem .

Hell I haven't put the work in and I'm still hopeful of doing alright :p

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

ye i know how you feel. i only started studying at five o clock each day. took about 3 one hour breaks and have been staying up till like three in the morning to study each night. i feel like i'm screwed for these exams but in reality i think i'll do fine. i think everyone thingks theyre ****ed once in a while. I need about 460 and the last three xmas/summer exams i've got 460,450 and 485. i only properly studied for the 485 one. so even tho i'm ****ting it i'm trying not to worry, cos at this stage you can only try your best. ****ing better get my points tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Once English is over it will be sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pocket aces

turgon wrote: »
    Once English is over it will be sweet.

definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

hell I am in the same boat as you.
    Only I got 250 in my mocks. (am not worried about the mocks, I didn;t even try to prepare for most my subjects for it as we were just finishing the courses. saw the maths paper for the first time 2 days before my maths mock, yeah I failed that maths exam lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Haha don't talk to me about nervs, I've tried so hard to pick up a book and it was so hard, I must have done about 2/3 hours all weekend .. but know what worked for me? (Although maybe not for boys ....) I Had a good cry and it completly relieved all the stress :D

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

i went to the gym and that helped me!if rich and iago come up in english....i will be OVER THE F***ING MOON!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Im so blaiseeee about tmw. Come thursday tho I'll be up sh*t creek :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Kathy_x_x

I need 500 points to be safe

I went to dubin on saturday, did nothing on sunday and did the womens mini marathon yesterday

I am screwed :(

but good luck everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

My stomach is doing flips! It just doesn't feel like it's tomorrow! I feel a really cheesy crappy essay coming on! Ahhhh!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eyresquare

i have not felt any nerves as of yet and i am doing the leaving tomorrow.it still feels like it is the start of the year to me.ah well.i can only give it my best

p.s. Id say i will feel it on the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 34 x-katz-x

I started gettin really nervous today... basically im scared ****less bout gettin a rubbish essay! Im gonna be so happy once english is over...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,707 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Calm yourself bud.

Probably better you got some sun and fun out of your system.

Just do yourself a favor and bunker down for these last 2 weeks and then you are home free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Mine are kicking in a bit right now, it's feckin hours away! Tempted to have a beer or something, but I don't think that'd be a very good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

The Walsho wrote: »
    Mine are kicking in a bit right now, it's feckin hours away! Tempted to have a beer or something, but I don't think that'd be a very good idea.

Same or something a bit stronger lol .It would be perfect if you had an essay title 'The bravest thing I have ever done' and then write 'This is the bravest thing i have ever done ...' and leave rest of essay blank. Apart from end where you'd ask 'did you think that was good?
    '

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'm tempted to play some games, but that'd just leave me up until 2am and I'd end up writing a short story tomorrow about my life as a pyro.

I'm terrifyingly relaxed. A little bit excited. I like writing short stories. The one thing I pray is that there's a good theme for the paper. The mock I got was horrendous; "A Sense of Occasion"... what is that even?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

I didn't think the Pre was that bad. It gave you a lot to work with. :<

• Advertisement
Advertisement