Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to hire a marketing consultant

Options
  • 02-06-2008 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I've started up a new site and am looking to hire someone who knows their stuff about web promotion, viral marketing, marketing strategies etc.

My developers will be looking after SEO, so there's no need for that. I'm more interested in someone developing an action plan that I can then follow, that will result in more sign ups, more traffic and so on.

It would initially be a small job, but if things go well it could result in a lot more work. If you, or anyone you know, may be interested, please let me know!

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭shantor

Hi Cianos,

Can you give more details about the business / website, budget & any other details you feel relevant.

My background is in online advertising, marketing and mobile. I may be able to assist you in developing an action plan.

Best Regards
    Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Cianos wrote: »
    My developers will be looking after SEO

Alarm bells going off there, you can't [successfully] do both independantly.

SEO is as much marketing as SEM, your development company should either do it all for you or do none of it. There is nothing worse than seeing bad SEO and having to backtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

deegs wrote: »
    Alarm bells going off there, you can't [successfully] do both independantly.

SEM is as much marketing as SEM, your development company should either do it all for you or do none of it. There is nothing worse than seeing bad SEO and having to backtrack.

Thanks for the post.

So do you think good SEO/SEM would take in to account the type of advertising campaign the site is trying to put forth? So that the developers should be tweaking the SEO in a way that compliments whatever marketing campaign we are running, or exactly how we are trying to attract people to the site?

A bit of a further explanation would be great if you don't mind

Cianos wrote: »
    Thanks for the post.

So do you think good SEO/SEM would take in to account the type of advertising campaign the site is trying to put forth? So that the developers should be tweaking the SEO in a way that compliments whatever marketing campaign we are running, or exactly how we are trying to attract people to the site?

A bit of a further explanation would be great if you don't mind

Exactly, SEO and SEM (of your site) go hand in hand with your companies overall marketing strategy (i.e. depending on different promo's etc you may be doing).

You need forward planning and you need to stick to your plan. Your SEO/SEM should have some business background also.

SEO and SEM is not something to be ticked of when you design a website, its an ongoing job that you need to set a budget for. Your website should evolve with your business so it needs constant SEO.

For instance you optomise your site, your developers go home, then your competitor sees you took their place in SERP so they do SEO and knock you down... you now need to change your SEO to suit and get back up.

Its the same with basic marketing looking at your distribution channels and ROI, you need to keep tweaking this.

Constant changing and tweaking doesnt mean big bucks (a small amount spread out over a long period), but it invariable will if you dont get it right from the beginning.

deegs wrote: »
    Exactly, SEO and SEM (of your site) go hand in hand with your companies overall marketing strategy (i.e. depending on different promo's etc you may be doing).

You need forward planning and you need to stick to your plan. Your SEO/SEM should have some business background also.

SEO and SEM is not something to be ticked of when you design a website, its an ongoing job that you need to set a budget for. Your website should evolve with your business so it needs constant SEO.

For instance you optomise your site, your developers go home, then your competitor sees you took their place in SERP so they do SEO and knock you down... you now need to change your SEO to suit and get back up.

Its the same with basic marketing looking at your distribution channels and ROI, you need to keep tweaking this.

Constant changing and tweaking doesnt mean big bucks (a small amount spread out over a long period), but it invariable will if you dont get it right from the beginning.

This is great advice and a real eye opener, thank you. I didn't know SEO was so complex.

Basically my developers are doing research on SEO and offering to use my site as a test case, ie SEO for free. Thus I don't know what room I would have to request their efforts be directed in particular ways.

Do you think it is enough that those doing SEO know the aims of the overall marketing strategy so as to just tweak it accordingly, or dyou think they definitely need to run the two concurrently?

• Advertisement

I dont want to say what your developrs should and should not do on a public forum, pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 caminowebmaster

You can contact me through my site - but I would echo what has already been said about more than one person doing this work - not good. http://www.deadflyseo.com/measure-traffic-with-google-trends/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 glengara

Unless you can afford to write-off the domain I'm not sure I'd like be a guinea-pig for developers learning SEO, you'd be better off learning it yourself IMO....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 idaba

post your URL i will analysis your website FREE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

For someone (non seo) who really knows what they are talking about I can recommend Simply Marketing...http://www.simplymarketing.ie/home.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

egan007 wrote: »
    For someone (non seo) who really knows what they are talking about I can recommend Simply Marketing...http://www.simplymarketing.ie/home.html

Those kind of websites put me of doing business with them. :/

How much experience have you had with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CiaraW

Hi there,

I don't know if you are still looking but I'm a marketing person with over 10 years experience. I'm setting up a marketing consultancy for companies that might not have the need for a full time marketing person but might want someone to do some work for them. My main focus is in online but I have skills in the full marketing mix.

If you are still looking do let me know a little about the company and an email address for you and I can ping you my CV.

Thanks in advance

Ciara

CiaraW wrote: »
    Hi there,

I don't know if you are still looking but I'm a marketing person with over 10 years experience. I'm setting up a marketing consultancy for companies that might not have the need for a full time marketing person but might want someone to do some work for them. My main focus is in online but I have skills in the full marketing mix.

If you are still looking do let me know a little about the company and an email address for you and I can ping you my CV.

Thanks in advance

Ciara

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Sully wrote: »
    Those kind of websites put me of doing business with them. :/

How much experience have you had with them?

Tried and tested many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

egan007 wrote: »
    Tried and tested many times.

Shocking - they cant even practice what they are supposed to preach

"<title>Untitled Document</title>"

No Descriptors etc - seriously that all very nasty for publicity - they could be great in person....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

blue4ever wrote: »
    Shocking - they cant even practice what they are supposed to preach

"<title>Untitled Document</title>"

No Descriptors etc - seriously that all very nasty for publicity - they could be great in person....

EEK ...

Splash page ...
    No Meta ...
    No Titles
    No H tags
    ... and so on ...

Advertisement