Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Instructor in North Dublin?

Options
  • 02-06-2008 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi,

(Tried to post this yesterday, didn't work?)

Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor in North Dublin please? Ive been driving for about 6 weeks, having been thought by my Dad and my neighbour has "accompanied" in the last couple fo weeks too... I will be moving to Wicklow (from Dublin) and need to TRY pass the test before July... (maybe wishful thinking but... worth a try!)

So, any, I now want to get some proper lessons, now that I have the basics, so no need to "waste" time with learning about the clutch etc... So anyway, anyone out there got the name/number of a tried and tested instructoe please?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Use the search function to look for threads before posting, often there will be someone else who has been in a similar position: ZING!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

Thanks for the reply.... I had a look befor eposting but Im looking for popele who can actually recommend a specfic instructor as opposed to schools? I saw a thread here beforte for a guy who lives fairly near, an e-mail address was giving, Gavin@ism.ie or something like that, Itried to e-mail that but it bounced back....

Also, one other question (sorry) I have my own car, how does that work regards lessons? Will the instructor come to my house, go out in my car and then return with me to my house? Sorry, may seem like a stupid Q but its all new to me! Also, I presume lessons are the same price regardless of using their car or your own car? :o

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

xeroshero wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.... I had a look befor eposting but Im looking for popele who can actually recommend a specfic instructor as opposed to schools? I saw a thread here beforte for a guy who lives fairly near, an e-mail address was giving, Gavin@ism.ie or something like that, Itried to e-mail that but it bounced back....

Also, one other question (sorry) I have my own car, how does that work regards lessons? Will the instructor come to my house, go out in my car and then return with me to my house? Sorry, may seem like a stupid Q but its all new to me! Also, I presume lessons are the same price regardless of using their car or your own car? :o

Cool, I tried finding that thread you were talking about but couldn't seem to find it.
    As for your second question, generally your instructor will call to your house and end the lesson at your house. As for driving your car, i'd say the first time out with a new instructor would be in their car with dual controls, just so they can figure out what level you're at, if they feel you're safe they'll let you drive your own car come the next lesson. And yes there was never any price difference for using my car Vs their car, unless they're real misers!
    And don't be afraid to post back, that's what this board is for!
    Cheers
    Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pflano

Hi

I found that George in Colliers (Glasnevin) was excellent. <SNIP>.

Good luck.

Pflano wrote: »
    Hi

I found that George in Colliers (Glasnevin) was excellent. <SNIP>.

Good luck.

Please use PM function for phone numbers thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

i found that drivingmatters based in swords were very good and reasonable. ken, the instructor was very patient and friendly. pm me if you want his number or just look it up online. best of luck:)

Advertisement