Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

honours maths

Options
  • 02-06-2008 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

just wondering is anyone else getting freaked out about maths?? i am. i just about passed the mock but i don't know if that means i'll pass the real thing.. whats everyone else's feelings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

just wondering is anyone else getting freaked out about maths?? i am. i just about passed the mock but i don't know if that means i'll pass the real thing.. whats everyone else's feelings?

You passed your mock, wish that could be said about me. Don't worry though. You've obviously got a solid foundation to build on after passing and if you've done any work at all. you should do even better. :)

Best of luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mike-gunners

i'd say the real thing is gonna be way easier than the mock.
    Mock paper 2 was hard in all fairness.Paper 1 wos OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Yeah I scraped a pass in the mock, but i think with 3 extra months' work of revision under your belt, you should be fine. Be smart when doing questions, do bear the marking scheme in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

Mock paper 2 was hard in all fairness.
    Yeah I thought that at the time but when I went back over it after the mock I found the questions weren't that bad. But even doing the past exam papers they seem easier than any past mock paper we did in class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭hippety-pippety

You passed your mock, wish that could be said about me. Don't worry though. You've obviously got a solid foundation to build on after passing and if you've done any work at all. you should do even better. :)

Best of luck. :)

i'm jus worried i havent done enough since the mock.. i'm not exactly the hardest worker.
    oh another q: which optional q u gonna do? i think i'm gonna do q4 (seq & series) cos i haven't done/revised matrices since we did them in class like a year ago, and binomial theorem etc has always gone way over my head :/.. what are you guys gonna do?

• Advertisement

I think I'll be doing most questions and just see which ones come out best. :D

Sequences and Series can be quite a handy question. Afterall there is only a certain number of formulae you can use and only so many ways you can be asked questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Langerhands

the single most important words in honours maths...ATTEMPT MARKS:):):)

ab=b-a 3 marks

I love it lol

Now its panic stations. Seriously, I'm totally freaking out over Maths. Just don't feel all my work I've done over the past coupkle weeks has gone in. I'll be more than happy with a D3 but I'm totally stressing over it now. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

What questions are ye all going to do? Ithinking of leaving out Qs 4 and 5 on Paper1 and then doing Q1,3,5,6,7 and option Q on Paper 2

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

eoin2nc wrote: »
    What questions are ye all going to do? Ithinking of leaving out Qs 4 and 5 on Paper1 and then doing Q1,3,5,6,7 and option Q on Paper 2
    Not sure yet for Paper 1. 4 and 5 are meant to be easy but I didn't study that cos I hate it. Looking at it now doesn't seem too bad but not sure if I will get it covered in time.

Paper II will do 1,2,6,7,8 and probably a trig question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I love maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lorlo

I am completely freaking out over maths.... more than any other subject.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: without a doubt the most challenging one im doing... you can never do enough study for it.

I think i'm doing algebra x2, complex, diffx2, integration and then prob s&s as a back up!

im just praying i come out alive!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

Do the c parts first. If you get stuck on them you can move on to a dif question without wasting much time on a question. did it in my mocks got a 96

also q 4 and 5 paper one are probly the easiest questions on the paper especially 5...logs and induction are made out to be so difficult when theyre not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

The Paper this year should be slightly easier this year due to complaints last year. It won't be much easier but you will more than likely do OK IF you have studied and you know your Formulas.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

The Paper this year should be slightly easier this year due to complaints last year. It won't be much easier but you will more than likely do OK IF you have studied and you know your Formulas.

I taught 07 was the easiest yet so I will be very happy if your right:cool:

Advertisement