Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reverse Parking

Options
  • 02-06-2008 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

I think when you go into get your driving test you are expected to reverse park your car so they can examine your lights! Im not certain how to do this? Any tips? I know reverse parking is not part of the test but the front of your car is expected to be facing out so its easier to examine lights look under hood but how do you reverse park??

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There is no expectation to reverse into your space prior to the test, but it's handy to just be able to drive straight out of a space when the test starts rather than having to reverse out and worry about observation. The examiner can check your lights which ever way you're parked so there's no need to worry about that. I would recommend you get your instructor to show you how to reverse park, although it's nothing to be worried about, it uses similar skills that you use when reversing around corners and such, hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sweetbubbly

The Tester will check your brake lights and your indicators. So make sure they are all working before you go to the test centre. Tests are abandoned regularly because of lights not working. As for reversing in to your parking space, this is just to make it easier to drive out, the tester will not be watching you do this so you can take as long as you like to do it. When you come back to the test centre, you can drive back in to the space. As for not knowing how to reverse park, this is something you should practice in an empty car park. You will be asked to reverse around the corner so be sure and know how to do that.

Advertisement