Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question about Guilds

Options
  • 02-06-2008 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

So here is the scenario.

I'm in guild X and we want to create guild Y and have that as our raiding guild with the first one being a more casual and for alts.

Anyone have any experience with this. ie chat, bank sharing?

The primary guild is about 150 accounts/250 chars strong. a lot of casuals but there is an increasing need to endgame as we are losing 70s. The whole "Is you guild a farm" thread definitely applies here.

I don't think we are quite full guild raids yet but we want to put a dkp system in place so we can better manage drops and how to work with pug raiders.

basically looking for any info/help guys and girls.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Get the Guild2Guild addon. Let's you're guild chat be seen and used across several guilds. I'm in a small casual guild and we've actually joined up with two other similar guilds to plan and hold raids that wouldn't be possible on our own. It sidestepped all the drama that comes with a take-over or amalgimation.

Not sure how the bank would work, might be best to keep them seperate. Same with DKP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

Just make a channel and have both guilds talk there.
    For raid signups use http://wow-raidar.com/
    As for the bank, there is no easy way for that to work.

EDIT. The dkp addon my guild use is epgp, take a look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

jabberwock, ya that was me saying is your guild a farm for other guilds. I hope you took a look at it and read it. Not sure if it helped but we were the same as your self, but not any more. In January we only could clear kara & could not get enough good and equiped players to do gruul.

Now we are
    MH 1/5 & working on the 2nd boss.
    SSC 5/6 and on the lady.
    TK 3/4.
    ZA Cleared.
    Mag Cleared.
    Gruul Cleared.
    Kara Cleared.

And at the end of this month we are going to BT. Hope to have SSC cleared and another boss down in MH by then.

Our guild is big, we have 330 toons in it. Ok lots of alts so maybe we have 150 to 200 accounts not sure. Out of that we have i guess about 40 to 50 people who raid. We send 4 to 5 groups a week to clear kara. And normaly dont have problems in filling out 25man raid spots.

We use roll on loot and always have done. Ya some people dont like this but if they give out to much about it then we put it down they are more intrested in Loot then guild progress. IF they get out of hand over the loot we kick or ask them to move on. Its our system and it works, we have lots of T5 boss's on farm and everyone knows they will get their drops in the end. Also we have in the rules that loot master does not have to give to the person who won the roll. It could be someone rolls on T5 but the gear he has all ready is better then T5, this person will be asked to pass on the loot for someone who only has T4 or worse ect... When everyone gears up then if that person still wants that T5 he/she will get it. Once again people did not like this and we lost 1 or 2 players cause of this. We put it down to they were more after the Loot then guild progress. Also if you looked at our GM he had very much the worest gear then everyone in the raid, even though he went to all raids. Just his Rolls sucked :).... just cause the person is high up in the guild does not mean they get the loot before anyone else.

We use group calander and our web site for sign ups. We post lineups on web site and we give plenty of notice of sign ups most times. Kara sign ups we put into GC for the full month so people have plenty of notice. If you find even then you still cant get the people to raid. Its simple you just dont have enough hard core raiders and will need to take in more. As big as your guild is, the word might be out that your guild is casuel. Ours was very much like that and once we became more hardcore raiders. We did lose maybe 10 or more people who left saying i don't like the way the guild is heading.

What im saying is, maybe you do not need to split at all. I think my self this might be a bad thing... all you need to do is recruit more players. Spliting your guild still leaves you with the same problem ?? you dont have enough hardcore raiders.

Advertisement