Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iago Quotes

Options
  • 02-06-2008 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Which are the most important quotes of Iago, theres so many i don't know where to start? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

One you'll definitely need is "I am not what I am" as it shows his two faced nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

"By Janus I think no"

Janus is the two faced God

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

He said to be 'honest' 8 times throughout the play ;)

'I hate the Moor'

'I do hate him as I do hell's pains'

'Oh you are well tun'd now but I'll lay down the pegs to make this music. As honest as I am.'

'Mere prattle without practice' (about Cassio)

'I follow him to serve my turn upon him'

'Even now very now an old black ram is tupping your white ewe'

'Your daughter and the moor are now making the beast with two backs'

'Ha I like not that'

theres more I just couldnt be assed writing them all out :pac: GL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

"I wear my heart upon my sleeve. For daws to peck at i am not what i am" -use in intro.

"She is sport for jove and ill warrant her full of game" -talking about Desdemona.

"I do suspect the moor hath leapt into my seat" -paranoia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bohs1890

"shut up Emilia ya sl*t...i didnt do nothin" - Temptation Scene

• Advertisement

bohs1890 wrote: »
    "shut up Emilia ya sl*t...i didnt do nothin" - Temptation Scene

lmao.

I'm using ,'The end justifies the means', a quote by Machievelli, in my intro. Tis handy OUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

For jealousy or irony -"Be ware my Lord of jealousy, it is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat if feeds on"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

"How poor are they that do not have patience!"

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Also for Irony, Emilia to Desdemona- "...jealousy, born in itself, begot on itself." (I think, must check it up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lobsterstag

lovechem wrote: »
    He said to be 'honest' 8 times throughout the play ;)

"The word "honest" appears 47 times in the play; 26 times it refers to one character, Iago." according to this site?? http://www.echeat.com/essay.php?t=30081 im not really bothered to count but i would have thought it's more than 8 times??:confused::confused: :pac: GL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

"The word "honest" appears 47 times in the play; 26 times it refers to one character, Iago." according to this site?? http://www.echeat.com/essay.php?t=30081 im not really bothered to count but i would have thought it's more than 8 times??:confused::confused: :pac: GL

Good phrase in that essay I must remember - "Iago uses the cloak of honesty as his guise". Nice one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

The best one is

"trifle".

Ya I got the 8 one off the RTE getting it right thing so :rolleyes: idk. Was revising then again later and in my notes from school it said 15. Guess I won't be giving a specific number! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lobsterstag

damn!! i was looking forword to using a nice exact number to make it look like i know the play really well!!!:pac::pac::D

Advertisement