Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enough of Simpsons!Whats your fav Futurama episode?

Options
  • 01-06-2008 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Mine would have to be the won where Fry and Leela get super powers and I thought the DVD movie was quite good. Oh and the one where they all become kids was brill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭who's yer one?

not sure bout my favourite one, and i looved Benders Big Score (3 more dvd lenght movies lined up, too) but there was an ep that i thought was great that actually made me cry ( and im prepared to be laughed of the internet for this)- Fry finds his fossilised dog, and wants to reanimate him, but by the end decides not to, thinking the dog must have forgotten him after he was frozen. then they show the dog sitting outside the pizza place for the rest of his doggy life, waiting for fry to come back. that seriously broke my heart. :(
    (yea, im a sap- whatcha gonna do?)
    xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Don't worry, your not alone. A few were upset at the episode.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the what if machine purely for the finglongerer or the tastsicles episode or that 80s guy episode.

i can't pick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cremo wrote: »
    the what if machine purely for the finglongerer or the tastsicles episode or that 80s guy episode.

i can't pick.

"Gutsy question - you're a shark" is one of the greatest Futurama lines ever from the latter episode :)

Plenty of fantastic episodes - love the Slurm Factory one, mainly because of the songs they sing (doompa loompa ecretingredient, don't you ask about the secret ingredient). The anthologies of interest are great (esp. the videogame / mystery box / Al Gore ("I'll tell you where we're not - the universe!") ones), while I also think the episode where time skips foward is a fantastic, clever idea. So many great episodes, impossible to choose one!

And also any episode featuring the Scary Door is automatic win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Roswell That Ends Well or *sniff* Jurassic Bark, sorry, something in my eye...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Big fan of any episode that has Zapp in it, the one where he blows up the space station being my favourite. What if machine is also a classic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The very first one was good...and the one where Bender becomes a Pro wrestler but then turns into the Gender Bender :D:D

actually just watch the luck of the fryrish there, excellent episode and quite a tearjerker too but nothing on the scale of jurassic bark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

The Sting is probably my favourite episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Amazonian Women in the Hood probably just shades it for me.

Another one that stands out is when Fry falls in love with the mermaid:

Fry: You know what I like about you? You like me for who I am, even when I'm not pretending to be a lion-tamer.
    Mermaid: You have sea-lions up on the land?
    Fry: Yep. We call them Land Sea-Lions. I tame them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Bend Her - the one where Bender get a gender realignment and becomes Coilette from Robonia in order to win a medal in the Fembot bending competition at the Olympics was hilarious
    Bender/Coilette singing the anthem "Hail, Hail Robonia, a land I didn't make up" The professors reasons for carrying out the operation "I'm not doing it for you, I'm not doing it for Bender but for the proud people of Robonia"
    Lashings of misogynistic hilarity make for a laugh riot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

What about the one where Hermes gets fired?

The Slurm factory episode was on Sky One today. Hilarious episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Sting is brilliant.

Roswell That Ends Well is up there too.

I love the episode where Zapp is introduced first. Probably the funniest from start to finish.

Jurrassic Bark is a tear jerker, no doubt. Always have a lump in my throat when I watch that one. same with Luck Of The Fryrish.

The 80s guy is very funny also.

Another I particularly like is the one where Frys ex is unfrozen in the future. Pauly Shore is in it as well.

There isn't many episodes I do not like, but one I HATE is "Kiff gets knocked up a notch". Firstly its disgusting, secondly Kiff is an idiot.

LOL. You thought Kiff gets knocked up a notch was disgusting but you didn't think Roswell that ends well wasn't!!
    Fry is his own Grandad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

Bender must not be allowed on TV - from season 4
    "I once put a laugh track in a sitcom that had no jokes in it" - LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

the 30% iron chef, or the one where fry trades his hands with the devil's - brillo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

(1) The Sting
    (2) The Luck Of The Fryrish
    (3) The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings
    (4) Leelas Homeworld
    (5) The Why Of Fry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭who's yer one?

thought of another one: cos twas just on sky :D

Bender adopts a turtle because he identifies with it so much, due in large part to neither of them geing able to get back up when they fall on their back.
    (theres also a quip about erectile dysfunction \o)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Love the episode where they all get a tax refund and Fry decides to get 100* cups of coffee, it's going to happen to me some day :D

The 'What If?' machine one was good too, I always get a laugh from the end.

*It was 100 wasn't it?

• Advertisement

i think it was 300 cups of coffee and the tax rebate was 300 nixons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

i think it was 300 cups of coffee and the tax rebate was 300 nixons :D

nah it was 100 cups at 3 dollars each :D

whoops so it was :o.

i'm going to try this when i get back to college, how many cups i can have in a day, hopefully i won't have to save people from a burning building though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

whoops so it was :o.

i'm going to try this when i get back to college, how many cups i can have in a day, hopefully i won't have to save people from a burning building though ;)

But if the situation ever arises at least you'll be prepared :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jiminywimilybob

My favourite either Episode 1 or "Roswell That Ends Well"..Thats class and best episode ever..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Jurassic Bark nearly brought me to tears when i saw it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭captainzapp

Jurassic Bark nearly brought me to tears when i saw it :(

It's heartbraking right?

Brannigan Begin Again. Quality stuff!

Advertisement