Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugh Much

Options
  • 01-06-2008 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Letting Off Steam..

So Much Study To Do.

Not Even Going To Get Enough Points For A Course I Don't Particularly Want To Do.

Finished June 12th So Everything Is Packed In.

And Haven't Even Started French, English Or Bio.

And Probably Going To Fail History.

This Is Not Good. :[

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I'm kinda the same as you.....It might sound stupid considering the exams haven't even started, but I've been thinking about repeating tbh. I am only 17 so it wouldn't make a huge difference.....
    However I'm gonna just try my best and see what happens in August first!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

I'm finished on the 12th of June also, but think that that's a major advantage. Not only do you keep in the mind-set for exams the entire way through, but you will feel less pressured (at least I do) as it's not dragging the whole summer down.

I'm 16 and don't want to repeat! It's before the exams! You don't what will come up! Of course, if you think you're going to do bad BEFORE the exams have even begun, then yes, you are having problems =(...As blue-army said, do your best, and you should have no regrets..I guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

bah you'll be fine! Go have a cup of tea and start cramming! What did you get in the mocks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

tasha1, you must realize that things are always better than you think they are. You say you haven't studied for English, well English isn't a subject that takes well to study. You say you will fail history - think all you need is at least 30% in the written paper which will combine with the research study to let you pass.

As regards the collage course, forget it for the moment. Do the exams then spend a bit of time thinking where you want to go. You will still have 3 weeks after the exams to change your mind. Do not stress!!!

Confidence is the key. Don't go into the exam like a nervous wreck. If you are a nervous wreck, act confident in the exam hall. It will help calm you down. If you take the exams a bit easier you will do better.

Give yourself more credit, credit which you are no doubt deserving of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Aw You Guys Are So Nice.

I Think A Lot Of Rescue Remedy Will Help For The Actual Exams..

Oh And Mocks Were Like 320 I Think..

But Like We Knew A Lot Of What Was Coming Up.

I Knew Every Single Q On My Hist Paper And Only Got A C.

So I Understandably Don't Have High Hopes..

• Advertisement

Well the pre's were 3 months ago. The way I see it - those who dwell on the past are destined to repeat it. Have high hopes and it will work itself out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Don't fret! You technically have another 7 days to study for exams. (Unless you do Social and/or Chemistry)

Eng Paper 1: No study needed.
    Maths: You can either do them or you can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

Bleh all i've studied so far is a bit of maths! =/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

tasha1 wrote: »
    Aw You Guys Are So Nice.

I Think A Lot Of Rescue Remedy Will Help For The Actual Exams..

Oh And Mocks Were Like 320 I Think..

But Like We Knew A Lot Of What Was Coming Up.

I Knew Every Single Q On My Hist Paper And Only Got A C.

So I Understandably Don't Have High Hopes..
    you are in the exact same position as me......I'm beginning to regret finding out what was on the mocks on here!

by the way......do you realise you start every word with a capital letter?:pac:

Lol Yeah It's A Habit That I Can't Seem To Break..

Sorry All. :]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

Mocks don't really mean anything even if you did do it the honest way. Some teachers have not finished the course, some actually tell you what's coming up (dumb or what?) so I take the results with a pinch of salt, (unfortunately because I didn't do half bad!)..

Reminds me, must buy more rescue remedy for the big Wednesday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Ah, I'm definitely going to start studying.

Tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Ino112 wrote: »
    Mocks don't really mean anything even if you did do it the honest way. Some teachers have not finished the course, some actually tell you what's coming up (dumb or what?) so I take the results with a pinch of salt, (unfortunately because I didn't do half bad!)..

Reminds me, must buy more rescue remedy for the big Wednesday :P

I would have to agree with you. The mocks are mainly practice for time keeping and getting used to the whole exam process. If you get good results, well done but if you do badly, many factors out of your control can contribute to it. :)

I, myself am at freaking point about Maths and just can't see myself getting a D in honours. That said, I've been putting a lot of work in. So I'll say a prayer for you while praying for myself. :D:D

Now I've been reminded, must go and buy some Nurofen for the exams. My writing hand is just too sore still. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Ino112 wrote: »

I'm 16 and don't want to repeat!

Very very very very very young.

I would HATE to be doing the LC that age. IMO 18/19 is the right age.

I'm 19, dropped out of 6th year last Nov, going to a different school in Sept so won't be 20 til I do my LC which is net year.

I can't imagine me doing the LC this year.. I wouldn't be at all prepared for it and I'm 19 and have had 6 years of post primary. :eek:

Good Luck anyways.

This Is Turning Into The Reminder Thread. :]

1. Rescue Remedy.
    2. Nurofen.

What Will Number 3 Be...

3. Study ?????

I Knew I Was Forgetting Something! : P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

The Walsho wrote: »
    Ah, I'm definitely going to start studying.

Tomorrow.

I've been saying that to myself for weeks. Just starting today, and i've half my papers this week alone. Gotta cover four full courses in a few days. :pac: I got 500 in the pres only studying for each subject the day before I had it, and I only need 300 in the real thing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

Parsley wrote: »
    I've been saying that to myself for weeks. Just starting today, and i've half my papers this week alone. Gotta cover four full courses in a few days. :pac: I got 500 in the pres only studying for each subject the day before I had it, and I only need 300 in the real thing. :D

You should put the points you dont need up on ebay... or ill buy them off you...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I'm stressed about History big time.. so f*ckin broad :(

• Advertisement

I Am Freaking Over It..

What Are You Studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Nazi Germany 33-39
    GAA in Politics 1884-91
    Eucharistic Congress 1932
    Jarrow March & Background
    1913 Lockout

No joke thats about all I know, well I'll be grand on the Documents too, as long as its not the moon.

Ugh..

I Don't Know Any Of That..

MySpace Buddies!! :]

Advertisement