Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log-Tables

Options
  • 01-06-2008 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I just wanted to make sure what is in them as forgot to ask one of my teachers plus dont have any at home...

Is everything in Area & Volume in it apart from Hemisphere?

and i forget what else could be in them...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

simpsons rule is in it.....also quotient rule and product rule...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

In log tables you have:
    * Circumference, arc length and area of a circle.
    * Area of a sector of a circle.
    * Area of a triangle.
    * Curved Surface area and volume of a cylinder.
    * Curved Surface area and volume of a cone.
    * Area of a parallelogram
    * Surface area and volume of a sphere.

Then you also have trignometric ratios on Page 9, derivatives and integrals on Page 41/42 and (if you do OL) Simpson's Rule on Page 42.

Might be other stuff of use in there, but I only ever used log tables for trigonometry (and occassionally integration) so I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

This may be a stupid question, but are we allowed/suppose to be bring in our own log tables? I know there is the huge possiblilty of people cheating on the dang things, but just so I'm not "......." on the day of maths, can anyone answer me? :P

I seem to remember for JC we were given them, but again, I want to get these silly questions out of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Ino112 wrote: »
    This may be a stupid question, but are we allowed/suppose to be bring in our own log tables? I know there is the huge possiblilty of people cheating on the dang things, but just so I'm not "......." on the day of maths, can anyone answer me? :P

I seem to remember for JC we were given them, but again, I want to get these silly questions out of my head.

You'll be given them and you're not allowed to bring your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

Thanks, silly I know, but for peace of mind, these things must be asked. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Oh, just thought I'd share this "hot tip" that we got from our Maths teacher: ask for two copies of log tables from the examiner. Apparently, it's within your rights, and it might save you a minute or two flicking back and forth from the trig page to the differentiation page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

If you do OL, you need to know your basic Line and Circle formulas and for the Statistics (Standard deviation, mean etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

how can people honestly not know whats in the log tables at this stage?! that's worrying:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

If you do OL, you need to know your basic Line and Circle formulas and for the Statistics (Standard deviation, mean etc)

Standard Deviation and mean are on page 34 of the tables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Langerhands

the log tables are my bible. trig is my judas and integration is my jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

If I hadn't have read this I would have never known that.

Cokehead, remind me to buy you a line after the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

yes......but they are a very complicated version....:pac:

Advertisement