Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maths!

Options
  • 01-06-2008 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

hey im startin to freak about maths, i need at C1 and weve covered all paper 1 q's except sequences and series and all q's on paper 2 but only 1 option (obviously!). The thing im worried about is taking up loads of time deciding what q to do and then coming out of the exam knowing i could have got better marks in a different q!!! any advice appeciated!!!:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

Em.
    Sequences and series is handy and it's a guaranteed full question? (and usually easy, it and Q5 - easiest Qs on the paper imo)
    And what option are you doing - not further calculus and series?

Ok advice. Read the Qs and try to determine (pretty quickly obviously) if you can do a Q well - if you can do parts b and c mainly, then do your easiest Qs.

You don't have a huge array of choice anyhow if seq + series is gone, pick the 1 hardest Q and do the rest . . .

If some Q is going bad you might even have time to do the spare Q and pick up some marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Sequences and series can come up in question five, in fact done the years the hardest S&S questions are there in 5. So not doing S&S is not advisable, imagine going into the exam and realizing you had no choice. All it takes is another dodgy question and you screwed.

For my tactics I was just thinking of diving into algebra for the first 40 minutes (2 questions hopefully) and then once settled make a choice. for the rest. Probably 6,7 and 8 along with another one. I hat matrices so might not do Q3. Sometimes Q4 can be piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 MnMs

well on paper one the algebra questions are getting harder so don't jump straight into them...you'll have to read them first...sequences and series is supposedly the easiest on the paper...question 5 is easy once you know induction and binomial general term...logs are basic if you know the rules...

but overall take your time with the questions so as not to make basic mistakes

Advertisement