Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm called after their dog!!!.

Options
  • 01-06-2008 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd inject a little humour in here, but still a pet story of sorts.

I dropped into a pub I used to work in (I was a bouncer in various bars and clubs for 15yrs). It was a great pub (still is).

I used to work the door alone, and with the risk of sounding like I'm blowing my own trumpet, I was very popular there. So whenever I drop in, its like meeting with proper old friends again.

Well yesterday I dropped in while passing and got a handshake from a lovely couple who drink there every week.

After hearing the manager call me 'Martin', the hubby said "Jeeze, I never knew your name was Martin" - "Yea" says wifey, "We used to call you BUTCH"!.

Well I thought, good, strong manly name so what the heck.. "Yea" (wife again) "We used to say 'He looks like Butch the dog" :eek:

"WHAT, I'M NAMED AFTER A DOG?" :o

"Oh, not like that" [wifey again] "Butch is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier & he's like you.... He's big, strong - looks hard - but just wanders around being everyone's friend & has never been agressive with anyone"..

:D

Ok, thats it. Thought I'd relate it for a laugh. In the end I was kinda comlimented.

Comments

Advertisement