Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You call that a 10K challange?

Options
  • 01-06-2008 4:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Obviously any poker player worth his salt can turn $0 into $10K in time for turkey on Christmas Day. Therefore I've come up with a real challange. That's right folks, I've decided to turn $10K into $0.

Now before you all shout "woah there moran, that's unpossible!" let me explain myself. Over the last six months I've been not working on my game really hard. This has yielded fantastic results and I reckon I'm losing more money now than when I started. I've been a horsie in the boards steakaments several times and haven't once made a penny for my backer. Impressive, eh?

I have been playing on GJP but clearly I'm going to have to switch for this challenge. Everyone knows there are more suckouts on iPoker and I don't want anyone attributing my success in this challenge to that.
    I've set up a new alias on Absolute and I'll be playing exclusively there from now on. I was considering UB but if I was playing against the "worlds greatest player ever, Phil Hellmuth" (tm) then the challange would be easier.

I was considering sitting down at a 50/100 game and shoving every hand but I reckon this strategy is far too risky. What if I were to double up first hand? This would be the ultimate disaster!
    Instead I shall play 1c/2c (one table so I can really concentrate) and lose slowly. This should keep the variance down and I reckon if i play 22 hours a day between now and christmas eve I should be able to lose it all. I've downladed some new tracking software "Poker Terminator" which should further increase my chances of success. I haven't a clue how to use it properly so it should distract me enough to decrease my winrate further.

Obviously I have extreme confidence in myself so if anyone wants to bet against my I'll be more than willing to back myself at even the most unfavourable of odds.

For all of you who want to track my progress I've set up a new blog which I'll be updating everyday for your enjoyment. Link to it here.

I'd love to here you guy's views on this but obv if any of you disagree with me then I'll challenge you hu4rollz. I guarantee I'll lose so fast it'll make your head spin!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

ill take 15%

damn! got rick rolled again, ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭pierce hard

lol go to bed u degenerate alcoholic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

yeh mr plough u shud ninja edit ldo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭DBC2007

ok muppet whatever u say...u give me a list of people who have turned $0 into $10k....i guarantee u it wont be long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

DBC2007 wrote: »
    ok muppet whatever u say...u give me a list of people who have turned $0 into $10k....i guarantee u it wont be long.

20692_w.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭krux

you on that list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    im so unbelievable drunk. but yeah shotgun game over geryys time imo

wedges

sausages

obv get it

few cornish pasties

nigga obv

dude has to be black

sup nigga

douchebag

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

lol still biting

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Anyone who has played 1/2+ once had $0 in their account and now has $10k+. I'd say its a pretty long list. Not as long as the $10k - $0 list though I would imagine.

Make this a real chanllenge by playing ONLY 1c/2c LHE and we can have an over/under on how long before you hate life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i'll play u heads up, but only on fun money tables, deal????? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

that's cause no one could be arsed doing a stupid challenge like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

jimmii wrote: »
    Not as long as the $10k - $0 list though I would imagine.

i'd be on this list :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ace2007 wrote: »
    i'd be on this list :D

I think we have discovered who DBC is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭DBC2007

hardly jimmii

Advertisement