Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography.

Options
  • 01-06-2008 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

What are people studying?

I'm cutting out quite a lot of the course, I hate Physical Geog, really do. I'm alright for Regional and Economic (presuming CAP, MNC's, Local/Global Issues comes up) and then I usually do well in the Essay question.

What about you guys? Are you cutting much out or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Papercut

I'm cutting down on a lot in physical too I'd say....I'm only learning about 9 Regional Answers....leaving out Paris basin...i've never ever needed it in any test so far...lets hope my luck holds out.

Biomes in Geoecology is tricky...its easy...but not guaranteed to come up so i have to learn soil.

Anyone got any guesses on Physical?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Oh come on, physical geo is more or less Higher level JC stuff with a bit added on!

and?.....all I'm asking is does anyone have any tips??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

My tip, exam papers are your best friend at this point.

What about Geoecology??

A few people have been talking about Biomes.....but they've been up the last 2 yrs.....isn't it possible they could have 3 soil essays instead???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Do you think for Global Interdependence; that Global Warming/Desertification/Deforestation would enough to study?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

I'm not leaving anything out except for plate tectonics I hate it. I think the rest is easy to learn, I didin't have a geography teacher last year so I kind of taught myself. I got an A in the mock so i'm hoping for the same on friday. For geoecololy my teacher (this year) said a biome is nearly certain to come up but I've learned two contrasting soil types and human impacts on soil just to be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SmellySockies.

I heard areas of industrial decline might come up and I got 27/30 in my essay on that in the mocks :D

Is that the Sambre-Meuse in Belgium???....left that blank in my pre :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SmellySockies.

Yeahh its really easy what it says in the book is sufficent for a full mark essay.

Anyone go to saturday morning classes in the institute?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

No, went over Easter though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 TheRightfulHeir

I'm so f*cked for Geography.

I heard areas of industrial decline might come up and I got 27/30 in my essay on that in the mocks :D

well done. I got 30/30!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I got 37/30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

The Nord in France is an area of industrial decline too, correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

My tip, exam papers are your best friend at this point.

No they're not, they're all sample papers, many with absolutley ridiculous questions in content and in structure. I wish edco were a bit more careful when they wrote up examples papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I hate that about Geography, half the time when I read the questions I don't even know what I am being asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nerd3000

Papercut wrote: »
    I'm cutting down on a lot in physical too I'd say....I'm only learning about 9 Regional Answers....leaving out Paris basin...i've never ever needed it in any test so far...lets hope my luck holds out.

Biomes in Geoecology is tricky...its easy...but not guaranteed to come up so i have to learn soil.

Anyone got any guesses on Physical?

Biome's are a GUARANTEED question..rote learning regional answers is pointless..because the question will throw you off and mess up your answer..Leaving out the Paris basin is possibly the most ridiculous thing you could do. You can use the Paris basin for practically everything
    You would be relying on a miracle not luck

No shortcuts on the road to success, learn it all, now, it's not too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

nerd3000 wrote: »
    Biome's are a GUARANTEED question

That's not true is it? Geoecology is a guaranteed question, with three choices. While Biome is an important part of Geoecology, it's not guaranteed to come up in those choices.

BJC wrote: »
    No they're not, they're all sample papers, many with absolutley ridiculous questions in content and in structure. I wish edco were a bit more careful when they wrote up examples papers.

Totally agree with you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement