Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Garmin 710 owner

Options
  • 31-05-2008 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,901 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

ive just got a new Garmin 710 :)

have set it up and have subscribed to my pois and downloaded all they have to offer.

i have tried to register it, but its saying the unit is already registered, something to take up with retailer i suppose, what advantages does registering give?

What programs should i download to interface with it via windows or is there any point?

finally can you get it to show speed while you are navigating? and roughly how long does a charged battery last?

i assume it would be possible for me to purchase european maps if i add a mem card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

The speed bit is on the left of the screen when your viewing the map. just touch it and you will see loads of info.

Battery lasts about 5 hrs but as it's brand new you may have to run it out a few times to get full life out of it.

Advantages for registering I suppose are if the software or maps get a update you get an email about it.

When you plug it into windows it should see it as is and you can access it like you would a camera

• Registered Users Posts: 25,382 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There was a similar complaint (unit already registered) on this thread...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055303789

On showing the current speed while navigating, I don't believe this is possible. the previous contributor seems to miss the point that you want to see the map and the 'next turn' data as well as see the current speed but you can't do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,901 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

that sucks a bit, i used mobile xt and it had it :(

Advertisement