Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neighbours move and leave cats behind

Options
  • 31-05-2008 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

We have had a lot of little stray cats (maybe 6 -12 months old) roaming around our garden. One of our neighbours has an un-neutered female that's been producing lots of offspring. We've just learnt that the neighbour moved out taking the mother cat but leaving the kittens behind to fend for themselves. I am really annoyed at this sort of treatment of defenseless little cats. Some we can feed, but some of them are very timid.

I understand that the DSPCA and Cat Protection league are closed for the weekend so any advice would be welcome.

57101.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

If you could get the loan of a cat trap you need to catch them ASAP before they get pregnant themselves. (cats can get pregnant at about 5 months old so I'm surprised they haven't already) what an idiot to leave them behind, congrats for trying to help them though, a lot of people consider cats vermin :( they are unusual colours so should be fairly easy to home. have you tried http://petsireland.invisionzone.com ? there is advice on taming feral kittens and there are also a few people on there involved in rescuing ferals and doing TNR (trap, neutered, release/return)

Good Luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sophi

57101.jpg
    The multicoloured cat to the right of this picture is gorgeous. when i was younger my aunt gave me a kitten that looked similar. to be completely honest, they're my favourite. I love all cats though.
    When I lived at home with my parents we had a cat who is nearly four years old now. She still lives with them, but I've since moved out and have adopted a rather young kitten. She's a grey tabby and adorable, but I was considering getting a second cat as she seems to get rather lonely. Is there any possibility of adopting the beautiful multi coloured cat in this photo? It's rather hard to find cats of this coat, and I can guarantee a safe caring home for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

kerrysgold & sophi, thanks for your replies and help. Sophi I will pm details to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Good job tenandtracer! Hope you get a couple of them some homes. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sophi

kerrysgold & sophi, thanks for your replies and help. Sophi I will pm details to you.

Thanks. :D
    I'll be waiting for it so! (:

• Advertisement

A few more shots of the cats!

son2.jpg

son1.jpg

mum.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

They are beautiful cats, the greyish one under the car with the gorgeous amber eyes is very unusual looking. I'm sure they will have no problem finding homes. Hopefully you will manage to catch them before they start breeding :O Best of Luck! Also, maybe you could enquire at the vet to see if he'd do a discount if you were to get them spayed yourself? He might do it cheap if he knows that they are ferals and you are just trying to help them?

Just to update, these kittens are now with the DSPCA

Advertisement