Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Keyboard

Options
  • 31-05-2008 8:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I wondering if it was possible to buy a new keyboard for a Dell Inspiron 1501 and fit it yourself? If so where do i go, a couple of keys on my current laptop have broke :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

should be able to get one on ebay, just make sure its uk one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Do you know if they are easy to fit or would i be better to try and leave it in somewhere to the get the keys fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

usually very simple to change. dell have very detailed service manuals online with step by step instructions.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1501/en/sm_en/keyboard.htm#wp1111863

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You would fit a key board in an Inspiron 1501 in 5 min. The keyboard is often required to come out to get at many other components such as to replace the CD/DVD rw, and sometimes the motherboard battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

thank you to all who replied, next step is to find a keyboard :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement