Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Film Dialogue transcription

Options
  • 31-05-2008 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

HI All...

Looking for some advice. I am working on a film studies thesis and have chosen a French director as my subject. I have a film that I need to have transcribed to help me understand it. IE: I want the dialogue of the film written out in French. My French is not good enough to get all the dialogue.

Before you all ask, this film is not available with subtitles in any language and I have spoken to the producers who are unable to assist.

I will pay a fair price €1 per minute to translate the film. It is 90mins long and is not very dialogue heavy. The language is also very straight forward and conversational. I would provide the film on DVD to whomever would take it on and would request the dialogue in soft copy.

However whom ever takes this on would need to have fluent french, or better still be French as accuracy is vital. Im thinking a student. However I don't know where to start in finding such a person.

Any help would be gratefully received.

HRMS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Can I ask the film ?

(My wife is a translator ... I know a LOT of translators so I may know someone who's interested)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 heroxmasox

"Les Innocents" 1987, André Téchiné with Sandrine Bonnaire

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Hi heroxmasox,

I'm a native french speaker and up for the job. Pm me If you want me to do that for you.:)

Advertisement