Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into Longford

Options
  • 30-05-2008 10:43pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Trying to get into Longford from Galway. Absolutely no idea how. If I get the train to athlone, there's a lake in the way!
    What bus route would be best?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

cant you just get a bus eireann bus from Galway to Longford?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The suggested travelling route on the internet for galway to longford was via dublin, lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

If you get a train from Galway to Athlone, and maybe get a bus from Athlone to Longford.
    The train and bus station in athlone are beside each other. The bus def goes from athlone to Longford and it doesn't take that long at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭orbital83

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202387366-425.pdf

Pretty sure one of the private operators runs a Galway/Longford service for students... Donnelly's or someone like that. I'd imagine it only runs during the college term and on Fridays & Sundays, though.

Now I remember why I got a car!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

thanks for replies, and the text I got!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tar did you get sorted in the end??

All was sorted. :)

Advertisement