Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding Jobs In Hawaii?

Options
  • 30-05-2008 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Landed in Hawaii yesterday and was just wondering if anyone had any information on the best way to find work. Preferably outside the city in some form of agri work etc. At the moment on O'ahu island but will be travellin to the other islands. Any info or advice would be helpful, cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved to Abroad.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is it a summer job or a permanent job? You could try craigslist.org. Otherwise, it's just like finding a job anywhere else. Hand in your CV to every place you can think of, follow it up with phone calls etc.

Hawaii has a very high rate of unemployment though. I believe it's the poorest US state, and coupled with the recession, you might have a hard time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

Faith wrote: »
    Hawaii has a very high rate of unemployment though. I believe it's the poorest US state, and coupled with the recession, you might have a hard time.

Ever been to Mississippi? Hawaii is not the poorest state. Far from it. (A Google search will verify).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Papad wrote: »
    Ever been to Mississippi? Hawaii is not the poorest state. Far from it. (A Google search will verify).

Indeed. My mistake then. An American told me it was a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

Faith wrote: »
    Indeed. My mistake then. An American told me it was a few years ago.

It's just a very expensive State to live in (due to obvious reasons) and they have a high standard of living. The OP should take that into account when he/she is there. Agri wages are poor so they should concentrate on the tourism industry, which is the number one source of employment on the islands.

• Advertisement
Advertisement