Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What to do?

Options
  • 30-05-2008 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

A car is driving on an outside lane.

What do you do?

A) Drive patiently behind?
    B) Overtake on the inside?
    C) Sound horn and flash lights until the car moves in?

What do you do... 19 votes

Drive behind patiently
    0% 0 votes
    Pass on the inside
    36% 7 votes
    Sound horn and flash lights
    63% 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Ususally drive for a while behind then flash when I lose my patience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

i would undertake on the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

A, C then B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

A followed by B if it prolonged ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Tails142 wrote: »
    A, C then B

+ 1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

same as tails.:pac:

My favourite is to pull nearly alongside them in the inside lane, (can't undertake cos thats illegal.:eek: )

When they get to their exit they then don't know what to do.
    First thing they try is to slow down a bit. As I can't legally pass them, I also have to slow down thus maintaining my position beside them.
    Next thing they floor it and try to get in front of me. As their engine screams for mercy, I gently accelerate and keep up with them enough to maintain my legal position without passing them.
    By the time these manoevers are finished nine times out of ten they have missed their exit.:D

*most of this post may not be true

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Tails142 wrote: »
    A, C then B

+1, I generally just flash my lights, don't use horn.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You forgot the "burst a bloodvessel" option :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

stevec wrote: »

My favourite is to pull nearly alongside them in the inside lane, (can't undertake cos thats illegal.:eek: )

First thing they try is to slow down a bit. As I can't legally pass them, I also have to slow down thus maintaining my position beside them.
    Next thing they floor it and try to get in front of me. As their engine screams for mercy, I gently accelerate and keep up with them enough to maintain my legal position without passing them.
    By the time these manoevers are finished nine times out of ten they have missed their exit.:D

:eek: . That pileup on the M1 was you wasn't it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

jimbo78 wrote: »
    :eek: . That pileup on the M1 was you wasn't it?
    :D
    technically it was the other guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

stevec wrote: »

that is genius:D

Advertisement