Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract?

Options
  • 30-05-2008 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

In my interview recently i was told the salary. Now that I have the contract, the salary is 2g less than was said in the interview. i will ask the hr person about this on tuesday before i sign it, but i didnt expect it at all. what if she says she made a mistake in the interview?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

wrongpay wrote: »
    In my interview recently i was told the salary. Now that I have the contract, the salary is 2g less than was said in the interview. i will ask the hr person about this on tuesday before i sign it, but i didnt expect it at all. what if she says she made a mistake in the interview?

Could be a typo or it could be them trying to pull a fast one. Were you given the exact salary, or were you given a range / told the salary would "be around" x amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Could it be that HR included the yearly bonus in the salary number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

You may have been told what your OTE (On Target Earnings) salary was in interview stage and the contract states the basic. Are you on a probationary period, and once completed the salary increases to the amout at interview?

Cynical, but maybe they did this deliberately to see what you'd say or do?

Advertisement