Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extend wireless BB outside home to building

Options
  • 30-05-2008 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

i need to extend the area of my wireless BB at home. want to bring the wireless to another out building. currently i just have a belkin modem/router.
    my wireless signal goes half way to where i want it.

so how do i extend it on the cheap. ive heard you can use l linskys wrt54g routers and link them up. would this work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Can you fill us in what exact equipment you have and what use you want to make of the wifi in out building (may affect suggestions).

Where is the router currently located and can it be moved etc

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭macdave

the ADSL modem/ router i have is a belkin F5D7632. its fairly located in the of centre our house. ive used an ipod touch to see how far the signal goes. it reaches half the distance to where i want to extend the wireless to.

the router can be moved but that wouldn't make much difference. just really want it for normal web use.

Advertisement