Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

eflow dot ie

Options
  • 30-05-2008 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭

Saw an ad on TV3 this evening for the efow dot ie site.
    Now before it turns into a bashing of NTR, toll roads, and the government, that's not the idea of this thread, we have the "M50 Toll Campaign" thread for that ;)

Just wondering what people think will happen?
    Here's a few questions that might get it going.....

Will the system work? (i.e. speed up the flow of traffic)
    Will people sign up for the tags?
    How many do you think will refuse to pay? (when they get a bill in the post + €3 charge)
    How many will use methods to avoid paying? blocking reg plates etc.
    Are the cameras good enough to read dirty plates, or bike plates?
    Anyone know of anywhere this has been brought in previously, did it work?

Also anyone know when it is intended to apply this toll to the amount of the road you use? At present I get screwed as I go on at N3 off at N4 on the way to work & back.....as I said no moaning ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think the traffic flow will be much better and lead to loads of people declaring that they were right and that th etoll bridge was holding everything up, whil ecompletely disregarding the fact that all the junctions have been made free flow and thats the main reason itll flow better and that the toll bridge was filtering the traffic as it was, so instead of jams at every junction, there was one big one at the toll bridge.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The most disturbing aspect of the advert for me is the really really crap cover version of Queens "Don't stop me now"!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

lafors wrote: »
    Are the cameras good enough to read dirty plates, or bike plates?
    I read somewhere that bikes will be free.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

What's the story with foreign reg'ed cars here? Will they be billed? :confused:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As the authorities don't have their details then the default answer would be no. However, I gather that they are employing private firms to find untraceable people once the fine reaches the maximum amount and still goes unpaid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement