Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bones Series 3 finale (spoilers)

Options
  • 30-05-2008 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

Just watched the series finale of one of my favourite shows 'Bones' and can't remember ever been so disappointed in a show.
    Zach turing out to be a killer
    was a terrible idea, poorly concieved and totally unbelievable. That , along with the start
    Booth is dead, no he's not
    dummed it right down for the viewers. I know a lot of shows were adversly affected by the strike but why not keep the story arc until next series rather than rushing it. Very disappointing and while not quite a jump the shark moment it could hurt the series in the long run.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Aye, it was crap wasn't it? I voted it for my "Jump the Shark" moment in TV awards.

The ending really made no sense and felt incredibly rushed - I'm guessing they felt they needed to wrap up the Gormagon storyline and suddenly found themselves with 8 less episodes to do it in. Even so, for them to have had Zack as the killer?! That made no sense. Zack is incredibly rational and there's very little rationalisation behind Gormagon's actions - alone he would easily be able to weigh the pros and cons of the situation. We, the viewer, were never presented with a clear reasoning as to why he agreed with the arguments or even what they were - it was very unsatisfactory to try and make us believe Zack bought Hodgkin's conspiracy theories all of a sudden: Zack thrives on facts and conspiracy theories, by their nature, are based on supposition and extrapolating ideas from often unrelated events. Rubbish!

Even if we had heard a rational argument suitable for Zack, we should still have had more signs of it - instead it was utterly out of the blue. I'm not sure what they were thinking!

Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,991 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It was a completely unbelievable load of old drivel and tosh, utter sh1te. The writers of this episode should have stayed on strike. Of course, they could save some face by coming up with that well-known, tried and tested "it was all a dream" scenario, if the studios are stupid enough to let these "writers" loose on another series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I agree! A terrible ending to a kicking good season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I only watch Bones in passing (Ive seen maybe 3-4 eps) But I thought that was a great episode! Granted I probably cant see why Zack being a killer would be OOC since I've rarely watched it but very good I thought! I oughta buy the box sets:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Brennan and Booth have great chemistry on screen so they do and looking forward to the new season on tv3 ... didn't ave the time to watch the season finale but i wonder have they set it up for another series with the way it ended? and will it work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I think they really rushed the story line and it suffered.
    I wonder why they didn't just carry it on into the next season, I liked it and they could have taken it to some interesting places.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Definitely a nominee for "Show Most Affected By The Strike" ... a few filler eps showing Zack out of character might have added weight to what happened in the finale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Agree 100% with you. Finale was totally out of context. Very poor tbh. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Yes, I was completely disappointed. One of my favourite shows but as someone pointed out above, seems to have been affected by the strike big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Yes it would have been better if it had been Sweets,much more believable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

I know this isn't part of the topic but has anyone else noticed the resemblance between Temperance Brennan(emily deschanel) and her sister (Zooey deschanel) pretty similar if you ask me!

Advertisement