Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business

Options
  • 30-05-2008 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I know alot of business i just have trouble knowing exactly what to write and how many points to make on each question :(. For example if Q1 on the ABQ was worth 20 marks how many points and how much would i need to write?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 DancingRainDrop

Divide the marks by 5, so for 20 marks write 4 points with say 5 sentences

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

if its 40 though.. its very unlikely that they want 8 points from you .. but still try to write as much as you can.. 5 minimum
    and try to do it in SEE approach (State, 1 sentence to Explain, 1 sentence just to add to your point, and Example :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

For the short questions, each question is worth 10 marks, so 2 points of information, marked at 5 marks each. An example can be a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Divide the marks by 5, so for 20 marks write 4 points with say 5 sentences
    Not always, sometimes for a 20mark question they require 5 points at 4 marks each (the opposite), The most annoying thing about the business exam to be honest is not annoying exactly how much you need. But dividing by 5 is your best choice but do write as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Should you not just write everything you know!!!! ? provided of course that you keep to your time limit!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PeteZahut

dont just write evrything u know...i got 91 in the mocks and i didnt get finished...daivide d marks by five and write one extra point for safety...for each point u should put down a heading(20% of all marks go for headings)...and three to four points to guarantee the rest of the marks...an example can be a point aswell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

That best advice is to divide the number of marks by five. Unless they specify, for example "Give three problems with the EU decision making process....."

A 25 mark question needs 5 points.

Each point should consist of:

-A heading (eg. "Democratic Deficit") worth 1 mark

-Your first bit of info worth 2 marks

-And your second bit of info or an emample worth 2 marks

Get straight to the point, dont waste time writing. Every relevant sentence containing a key word is 2 marks.

Advertisement