Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guys how much money have you spent on WoW

Options
  • 30-05-2008 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

care to tell :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

are we allowed to talk about the dark sinister act of buying gold or is this still seen as seedy!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

2 years worth of monthly fees, two character transfers.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

8 months worth of subs, the cost of the game 5.99€ and the expansion pack 9.99€ ( nice one hmv ) So about 120€ i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

probably over 500....
    Gold, 3 accounts ( 1 got banned, sold 1 ) n character transfer !
    haven played it in a year... so all that over 2 years !...

I think its still cheaper than going out every weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Anti wrote: »
    8 months worth of subs, the cost of the game 5.99€ and the expansion pack 9.99€ ( nice one hmv ) So about 120€ i think.

what he said, maybe more on the subs , like an extra few months.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

So lets see, 3 years and 1 month with one account so 37 12 Euros a months thats 444. Have a second account I've had for 1 year and 2 months so 14 12 Euros thats 168, 2 transfers 30 Euro, Arena Comp 15 euro, WoW was like 40-50 when it came out 1st so 40 for that 30 for TBC, like 45 euro to set up the 2nd account so in total it's!

782 Euro lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

been playin since xmas 2007 though i took a 3 month break so about 12 months of subs, the game, the xpansion, and about 50€ worth of gold cuz im a lazy sh1te and couldnt be arsed doin dailies and the likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Been playing off and on for 2 years now, so about 18 months of subs...
    Changed my character name recently for €8 or however much it costs...
    Paid a fair whack for for the expansion shortly after it came out (buying directly from Blizz online = rip off!!!)
    Then about €25 for the game itself

€270+ anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Original game cost + plus months since release*fee + Collector's edition TBC.

I have no idea why I never switched over to a 6month plus subscription or whatever it is you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

and do you think one game is worth X hundreds, no way I'd pay that for one game :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

Original + Expansion + 4 months of subscription.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

MooseJam wrote: »
    and do you think one game is worth X hundreds, no way I'd pay that for one game :eek:
    I've had this argument with people before...you have to remember that most games are 10-15 hours long (if even that nowadays), and cost €50 odd. Yet Warcraft (for all its failings) costs €12.99 a month for endless content. Even if you only level one single character, and dont bother with end content (i.e. the boring part of the game), its still worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

10 months of montly fee's what ever that comes to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

With the next expansion coming out, time to shell out a bit more cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Kiith wrote: »
    I've had this argument with people before...you have to remember that most games are 10-15 hours long (if even that nowadays), and cost €50 odd. Yet Warcraft (for all its failings) costs €12.99 a month for endless content. Even if you only level one single character, and dont bother with end content (i.e. the boring part of the game), its still worth it.

Indeed... People will pay around a tenner to go to the cinema and sit through he odd bit of tripe for 2 hours, but can't see the logic in paying €13 to play a game for a whole month. It's another form of entertainment!

Pretty good deal in comparison in my opinion :D

Advertisement