Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Interior

Options
  • 30-05-2008 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey,

I bought a hyundai accent recently (god knows why) and it had no radio, which was fine as I wanted to put in my CD player from my old car anyway. Whoever was last with the car damaged the area surrounding the radio whilst removing it and i made the problem worse fitting my own one (which doesn't actually fit). So now, I have a piece of **** accent with a cd player hanging out of a broken panel.

My question is; Is there anywhere I can get this repaired or can I get a whole new centre piece for the car? It really looks a bloody mess.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

You can buy new surrounds for the radio if the damage is limited to this area. If it ye have further damaged the dash i'm sure it could be fixed by a car interior design company. They often cover dashes with wooden effect trims and such and could probably cover yours up with something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

considering a decent stereo is prob more costly than an accent and getting a panel fixed up is going to cost a bit.

my advice is get a DVM, and prob around all the wires, quite tedious but not impossible.

you could get a block connector for a stereo but if the wires are in bits no good to you.

so you need to manually see what each wire is for.

when you know the voltage wires, ground wire and speaker wires (maybe 8 of them) you can disconnect the battery and hook up a stereo.

Advertisement