Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on a Merc

Options
  • 30-05-2008 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

The wife has a thing for C class Mercs and at the minute she is driving a 130000 mile, 00 Focus that we have from new.
    I have been thinking of learning a bit more about servicing cars so the focus could be used there so no trade in required on that one.

Looking at the way things are there seem to be a few of these around the 03 marc for 12K. Now looking at the way I have my 02 S60 and am told that 7K would be the going rate maybe a bargain could be found.
    Any advice on C class with high mileage 5-6 years old.

IE http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Mercedes-Benz/C-180/classic/999227/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Personally I would go for pre 2000, better build quality, and more reliable due to this. Obviouslly the styles differ quiet a bit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'd definitely consider a different car or pre-2000 C Class (w202 models)

I'm not just saying that because I have one for sale myself, it's just that I done a bit of research into buying my current car and got the same advice. The build quality and reliability is not that great compared to the older models.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I have heard bad things about the manuals. They are not as smooth as other cars? Dont know how true it is though.

I would go for an auto on resale value alone.

Advertisement