Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i lock my outlook

Options
  • 30-05-2008 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Leaving work for a week and want to lock my e-mail. People will still need access to my computer so can't just lock that. Can this be done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nope.

What you can do is delete your profile. But depending on your setup and/or whether you do it right, you could end up deleting all of your email.

There is no good reason why people should need to be able to log onto your PC with your password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

seamus wrote: »
    Nope.

What you can do is delete your profile. But depending on your setup and/or whether you do it right, you could end up deleting all of your email.

There is no good reason why people should need to be able to log onto your PC with your password.

They need to use my comp as i have a piece of software on it for uploading info to a web site and it can only be used on one computer.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

What you could do would be archive all your current emails, Then Zip with a Password

then Remove your Settings in outlook

So when you return, You re-import your archive, and put in your settings

I cant think of a better way off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭pdevo

will they be logging in to pc on your user account

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They need to use my comp as i have a piece of software on it for uploading info to a web site and it can only be used on one computer.
    I'm sure it could easily be arranged to stick it on another PC. I'm not doubting what you say, but in my experience when someone says, "This is the way it has to be done, it can't be changed", they're almost always wrong. Do you have an IT department?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭pdevo

can you not just create another user account on the pc and let them use that

Advertisement