Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overpowered classes?

Options
  • 30-05-2008 1:30am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not a nerf thread, but I'm interested in hearing peoples stories of their class or against another particular class which might make them seem overpowered.

I rolled a Bear shaman on a PvE server with my friend who rolled a Herald of Xotli.
    All in all, I love my class. Wish I had more damage, but I'm quite happy knowing I have some great survivability. We went pvp'ing at 39 just before we dinged 40 and the usual zerg to the opposing teams statue broke out. Both teams destroyed the other's statue preventing ressurection. Leaving 6v6 with 1 life. The way it should be imho :)

Anyway, 4 of our team got wiped out with just my bear shaman and HoX friend. Together we managed to kill 3 of the four remaining enemies but just as we finished the third, an enemy ranger finally managed to burst me down. Then, I had the horror of watching my HoX friend get annihalated by the ranger. Snare shot and their trap are very powerful versus a melee class and he didnt really have much of a chance. We were talking about it afterwards and from what we could tell, the Ranger has alot of very powerful abilities that make them very strong in general. Especially since very few classes actually have snares at that level range. Even still, looking at the rangers skills at max level, they would be very hard to take down in a 1v1 melee vs. ranger. Though I think the Bear shaman might the exception that proves the rule ;)

Anyone else have any similar experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Isn't there an international law that says Ranger classes have to be overpowered when a game comes out? Or maybe it's just coincidence... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

My experience too Ivan. I know you don't want this to turn into a Nerf thread but since they are soooo bloody annoying.....Nerf Ranger plx... ****ing f@g class!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

humanji wrote: »
    Isn't there an international law that says Ranger classes have to be overpowered when a game comes out? Or maybe it's just coincidence... :D
    No, its Shamans that have to be overpowered. Ohh, how i hated you in the early days of Warcraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Rangers.

****ing rangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

We are operating a kill on site rule for Rangers at the moment. They currently dominate every other class 1v1 with their annoying snares and burst damage. Can't say it will be that way at 80 though, seems armour types will really come into play later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Guess I know what class I'm picking so! Muahahha

In fairness though I always picked rangers (Bowazon in Diablo II)

When do smyths open on bank holidays anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

wait till you see a ToS and necro grouped after level 60 haha, OP doesn't even describe it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Funky wrote: »
    wait till you see a ToS and necro grouped after level 60 haha, OP doesn't even describe it

From what I am seeing, Healer + Anything is immediate win. Doesn't matter what type.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

From what I am seeing, Healer + Anything is immediate win. Doesn't matter what type.

Yeah healers are incredible in this game, as are Guardians I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Yea pretty much, especially since barbarians are in the process of getting balanced it seems. I was talking bout the combo of triumphant life of set and mass necro pets but it just got nerfed there today. Insta-gibbing entire groups of players was fun

• Advertisement
Advertisement