Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a pet shop that sells pigeons

Options
  • 30-05-2008 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a pet shop that sells pigeons, preferably one in the Kildare/Dublin region or as near there as possible.

I know Paddy's Pet shop has them on Parnell Street in Dublin, but after reading some posts on boards.ie I am having second thoughts of buying them there.

I am returing to having pigeons after 20 years, so I would really appreciate any help as I am anxious to start building the loft.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

You could try some of the online free ads sites etc, they often list pigeons for sale. The one thing I'd insist on if buying adult birds is that I see them free flying, as proof of ownership. Too many people have had their lofts wiped out by thieves and had their birds sold on through petshops etc, myself included:(

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭pdevo

you can usually find alot of them for sale on the buy and sell online i bought from there a while back and all was fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Amimad

Why not try to get in touch with a Piegon Fanciers Club.
    I know there's one in Ballyfermot on Lally Road. My Granda used to be a member.
    I'm sure they have regular sales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Bird World in Portlaoise often has piegons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tommyjones

I noticed them for sale online with buy and sell, just wasn't sure if this was a good option.

I will also try the shop in Portlaoise. Thanks a million everyone for the help.
    Any further suggestions would be also welcomed, but I'm grateful for suggestions so far.

• Advertisement

Do you by any chance have a phone number for Bird World in Portlaoise. Tried to google them with no results.

I also tried directory enquiries, goldenpages and directories.ie

He only has a mobile number and he is hard to find. :) I has his number somewhere. Will post it later.

Ok, thanks.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    He only has a mobile number and he is hard to find. :) I has his number somewhere. Will post it later.

Hi again,

Did you by any chance find the number for Bird World?

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

tommyjones wrote: »
    Hi again,

Did you by any chance find the number for Bird World?

Thanks again.
    Popped into Birdworld today. He has alot of pigeons in at the moment, regular and fancy. He wasn't there himself so I couldn't find out much for you.

His number is 086 353 6197 Richie is the chaps name. He is open 9am to 6pm, 7 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Popped into Birdworld today. He has alot of pigeons in at the moment, regular and fancy. He wasn't there himself so I couldn't find out much for you.

His number is 086 353 6197 Richie is the chaps name. He is open 9am to 6pm, 7 days.

Thanks a million. I really appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

As a kid I bought nine pidgeons from a guy in school, built my own loft, had them for about two weeks and let them out. They flew back to the guy I got them off :mad:

That is a very well known scam. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You have to wait for them to settle and brood before they are at home in your loft.
    Used to have 30 birds but they were all killed when the rivets in the wall popped during a storm and let some cats in.

Advertisement