Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Garmin or Not

Options
  • 30-05-2008 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hello All
    Just got delivery of my new 760T from "Handtec", went to register on the garmin site but was told that the serial number was already in use!! E-mailed support but nothing back yet. Also noticed that there was already some info saved on the unit like HOME (some where in London) and OO1 etc (somewhere else in the UK) not sure if it's demo info? Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Cant be sure until they come back to you but sounds like either a demo or a return unit that was repaired and boxed as new. I'd be getting stuck in the seller fairly strongly...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,507 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

If you bought a unit advertised as new, I'd be getting back to Handtec ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cord

Thanks for the replies. The serial number was sorted out with a phone call to garmin today. Looks like the other info was for demo purposes! I will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

cord wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. The serial number was sorted out with a phone call to garmin today. Looks like the other info was for demo purposes! I will wait and see.

I fell victim of this last year and i returned it for a refund as the replacment unit they were offering me also looked like someone had it in their filthy taxi for 3 months then returned it.

Make sure the box is sealed properly before you walk away with it. I'm very fussy about stuff like this...theres good reason to be aswell, no point in forking out 200 odd euro for a satnav to discover someone else had their greasy fingers all over it. Thats not new thats second hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got the very same GPS this week, no probs with registering the unit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement